Pricewatch!

Purchased. I've heard good things about this one…

I got it for free on ps+ a long time ago. It's a pretty good game when your sneaking around and trying to figure out how to avoid enemies. The problems start if you get detected. Your only option is parry and riposte, you can't do any normal attacks.

Unfortunately for me I seemed to get detected quite often and baiting them to attack and then trying to parry and riposte grew stale quickly and I quit playing. If this isn't a problem for you though it seems like a pretty good stealth game.

Two Worlds titles on sale at Steam. I'm interested because of the reported engine upgrade and/or dlc coming for #2.

kwm

You're not allergic to uPlay?
You wanted to but still didn't buy FarCry3 and Assassins Creed:Rogue - two games from Ubisoft I'm praising all the time?

Next two weeks as part of humble Ubi bundle, you get both in the pack for just $15.
They are tossing inthe pack also some irrelevant games (read: garbage) you'd never buy with those two gems, but let's not look at gifted horse's teeth.

https://www.humblebundle.com/?ubisoft_bundle

You wanted to but still didn't buy FarCry3 and Assassins Creed:Rogue - two games from Ubisoft I'm praising all the time?

Next two weeks as part of humble Ubi bundle, you get both in the pack for just $15.
They are tossing inthe pack also some irrelevant games (read: garbage) you'd never buy with those two gems, but let's not look at gifted horse's teeth.

Thanks Joxer.

Been looking for something to play. Saw your post and remembered how you highly recommended this (despite Metacritic mediocre ratings). Didn't buy the humble bumble but found the game for very low cost (Google -> Assassin's Creed Rogue Cheap ) and bought it and am enjoying it -- particularly the ship and ship fighting stuff.

So...

Many thanks.

And best regards.

Among all Ubisoft's garbage those two are IMO musthaves for anyone regardless of tastes. Too bad that same Ubisoft makes just one great game among a dozen of fails.

But new on the topic is another IMO musthave, and another nonRPG although does contain RPG elements - Metal Gear Solid 5. It's Steam's weekend sale and the price is now $28 / £17.5 / 21€, depends on where you live:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/287700/

In brief:
+ Openworld
+ Superb port from consoles
+ Awsome story
+ Not boring and not annoying
+ Missions can be solved in different ways
+ Great music
- Checkpoints that allow checkpointscum for ress/recruits
- Has some repetitiveness but not much
- Has some design fails in optional missions (photos and animals - pokemon collecting)
- Has unskippable cutscenes although Zloth refuses to admit it :)
- Has still unfixed script dialogues bug that makes superhard to 100% the game
- Mocks the player to go MMO part where Konami is selling cheats and cheaters rule

DO NOT buy any DLC. Also, when starting the game each time it'll ask you to accept terms of online playing - decline it so you enjoy it's singleplayer, and once you finish the game you can always accept TOS and MMO like crazy.

Buy the game now. Install yesterday. Play last week!

Just make sure you have a high tolerance for bugs if you decide to play Rogue. FarCry 3 is not a massively buggy game, but flying people, ships getting stuck in each other, quest objectives not updating properly (the leave the area objective is only supposed to show up when you're done with the quest) and the AI completely bugging out (here you see two enemies who try to get to each other, but can't as they are blocking each other) is the norm in Rogue, not the exceptions (textures not loading in properly was also very common). Those are all screenshots from my personal stash, and not things I've found online. At least it's not AC3, where broken round shields chase you when you're out at sea…

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is by the way really good. It & Far Cry 3 are the highlights of the bundle.

Well, I'm not *that* enthusiastic about MGS 5 but it's definitely worth that price and time. The "Zeroes" prolog is 75% off so it might actually be worth the price right now.

Distant Worlds is on a 2 day sale right now for 60% off. http://store.steampowered.com/app/261470/

Nox (RPG from 16 years ago) is now free on Origin.

Also, the new Narrative Humble Bundle includes Shadowrun: Hong Kong at the $10 level.

Nox (RPG from 16 years ago) is now free on Origin.

For anyone who has trouble getting it to work:

Download and extract this file to your Nox directory ('yes' to overwrite on everything)

http://server1.awesie.org/NoxGUI_beta13.zip

Then make sure to launch the game directly from the "Game.exe" in the Nox directory rather than the desktop shortcut or Origin shortcut.

"Also, the new Narrative Humble Bundle includes Shadowrun: Hong Kong at the $10 level. "

Thanks, just bought it.

To the fellow Brazilian watchmembers (all five of you :p): nuuvem.com.br is preordering The Technomancer at 25% off (final price is BRL 89.99). For comparison purpose, Steam is preordering the same game at 15% off (final price being BRL 101.91).

Sadly, foreign friends, the game cannot be activated outside Brazil (at least according to the info written in nuuvem's web site).

gog is now offering free versions of several games if you already own them on steam.
All you need to do is to connect gog to your steam library.
It's basically an agreement gog has with the publishers of the games. There is no agreement between steam and gog.
https://www.gog.com/connect

There's also a little sale going along side it. Saints Row 3 and Sins of a Solar Empire are particularly cheap on GOG right now.

I see the GOG summer sale has just started, has a couple of good RPG bundles up already.
Am definitely going to pick up the one containing Forgotten Realms - The Archives - Collection One, Two & Three, Dungeons & Dragons: Krynn Series, Ravenloft Series & Dark Sun Series, Al Qadim & D&D Stonghold for a mere £15, that's a bargain even if I already own some of them.

Back
Top Bottom