upcoming MMO titles...

That would be a great idea, actually. Time zones do interfere dramatically, but with WoW it's not as bad as it could be with something like an NWN persistant world. I guess it depends on how many people are in the guild really. And time zones can be a mixed blessing at times. For instance, I tend to play in times more friendly to GMT-ish times even though I'm EST because I play earlier in the day or evening, which is the more common night to late night for gamers in the GMT and thereabouts.
Of course with this lot, we've got people on the other side of the planet so the time change is dramatic.

But still, an RPG Watch WoW guild is not a bad idea at all. Could even have two, one Horde and one Alliance. It'd have to be an RP server of course :p

I'm leaving WoW before the next expansion for Conan or Warhammer or Darkfall. I been playing WoW for 2 years, its time for something new. Although the snowy environments look like they'd be pretty awesome. If Darkfall comes out in a couple months, I'm out of WoW as soon as I get DFO beta invite.

MMO's I am looking forward to:
none ... until the genre gets redefined, I am done with kill x, loot y and take z mindlessness just to advance to the next level and spend my points according to the cookie cutter of some min-max guru.
I miss EQ and the ability to advance your character thru AA's even at level cap (and/or raid ... etc.)

WoW really lost me once they reneged on the hero classes they were discussing way back in beta. I know the next expansion is going to have an unlockable class, but I want to advance my main class (and in ways other than just a new epic once a month).

For me, I like WoW just for the fun of exploration and seeing stuff. I don't care about min-maxing for maximum efficiency, raiding, grinding instances and whatnot. I just love the huge world that encompasses the game and it's fun to explore it and just poke around.

Yes, it destroyed the Boot.ini it happed this week, bad news to lose your Boot.ini. :(

Damn doesn't look like any good mmogs out before the end of the year, maybe I will jump back in EQ2 for the new expansions.

Im stuck in World of Warcraft for 3-4 more months. So I quit Alliance and joined the Horde. I havent played Horde before so this has a nice newness to it.

I lucked-out and didnt lose my boot.ini. I wouldve been very pissed if it happened to me, though. I downloaded EVE from a fresh install instead of using auto-update. Thank gods.

Olnigg has a list oif his "most anticipated" - well, more or less ;) - MMORPGs ready:
http://www.olnigg.de/jahr2008/olg145.htm

This is in German language only, though.
Be sure to visit his Blog as well.

Sorry I cant read German... :-/

Uhhhh... Darkfall is supposed to be targetted for Spring 2008. That means beta is imminent in only a few months. Life is good !!!

(Im still in WoW and EVE)

Olnigg hinted to something "even more colourful than WOW" (in this sense):

Lego Online : http://universe.lego.com/en-us/Default.aspx

Seems to be no joke at all.

Seriously, I see some sort of potential in this - the Star Wars Lego games had been popular as well, hadn't they ?

A Lego MMO could be seriously awesome. I wonder what angle they plan to take for the base game? The possibilities for expansion packs are endless, too.

I just stumbled upon a notice that a developing studio called Gravity (located in Korea) has aquired rights for an Ice Age MMO. Source

Ice Age MMO, ya I heard about that. Its for kids...

I joined EQ2 and loving it. Also I didnt leave WoW yet, so I am still playing that occassionally. Also I am playing EVE Online still. Three games are fun.

Quite interested in the Conan MMO.

Ice Age MMO, ya I heard about that. Its for kids...

I joined EQ2 and loving it. Also I didnt leave WoW yet, so I am still playing that occassionally. Also I am playing EVE Online still. Three games are fun.

How does EQ2 compare to WoW in your opinion?

I have quit EQ2 entirely (I hate that game), and still playing WoW and EVE.

EQ2 has a LOT more quests and a lot more quest content. However it has absolutely worthless player-versus-player. I consider WoW PvP fairly fun (as far as carebear MMOs go) (I play in BGs daily and I play on a PvP server) but EQ2 PvP is pretty much a tack-on addition not really worth bothering with. EQ2 has far less variety in items and how they look than WoW. For instance, many items in EQ2 have the same model, just with different colors -- even with an item of level 1 and another item of level 40-50. Thats pathetic. World of Warcraft has, by far, way more items. I didnt like EQ2's auction system interface. WoW has a way better auction system. EQ has unnatural, odd character animations that remind me of Vanguard. WoW has fluid, well-done animations. EQ2 crafting I found was both frustrating and boring. EQ2 housing was alright but the fact that you are limited in the amount of items you can put in your house, and also by the fact that you cannot place most items where you want like you could in Morrowind or Oblivion (only certain items are placeable in houses, most furniture; you cant place your sword anywhere, you cant put plants or potions or anything down into your house, thats gay) -- that ruined it for me: housing in EQ2 is merely a bunch of worthless furniture, it has ABSOLUTELY NO FUNCTION in that you cannot put your cool stuff there. Useless housing system.

Immediately in EQ2 I got into a guild but then a leader started pressuring me to get ready to raid. I HATE RAIDING. Raiding is retarded waste of time.

Another extremely annoying thing about EQ2 and Sony Online is that you are extremely limited by the amount of characters you create and use. You can only make about 7 characters. If you want more slots, you have to subscribe to the goddamn SOE Station Access, which costs 15 more dollars per month! And then you only get about 6 more character slots! DAMNIT !!! In World of Warcraft you get almost 60 available character slots over different servers !!! In WoW you can make up to 10 or 11 freaken characters ON ONE SERVER. WTF is the problem with SOE? They want more ways to suck more money out of you, thats what. I hate that. Its very greedy and inconsiderate of SOE developers, I will probably never play another SOE game because they are freaking idiots.

I do not recommend EQ2. Play EVE or World of Warcraft, or try one of the new games coming out. Like Darkfall.

I'm mostly interested in and will definitely be playing Age of Conan (wish me luck on the recent beta prayer contest). I'm also following Stargate Worlds, Star Trek Online, Rohan Online, and Reuiem: Bloodmare.

Heard that Requiem is just another dull JRPG with no innovation/originality whatsoever, let alone horror elements.

I've tried WoW in trial mode and kind of liked it, but I'm waiting for a more mature MMO. If I'll ever get tangled up in something of this fashion, it'll have to be the WoD game, provided it's a decent effort and something entirely different than your typical MMO of today.

Requiem is a crappy MMO.

Back
Top Bottom