Aarklash: Legacy - Review @ Softpedia

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Aarklash: Legacy has been released on Steam and Softpedia has the first review.

Aarklash: Legacy was an unexpected surprise for me. Having played Confrontation, I did not have any high expectations from another RPG from Cyanide, but Aarklash: Legacy is definitely a good game.

Cyanide’s Aarklash: Legacy is a must for every fan of tactical party-based RPG titles that has enjoyed games like Icewind Dale. Although it doesn’t have the deepness of Black Isle’s game, Aarklash: Legacy is the first game that got the Confrontation tactical miniature wargaming right.

I’m not sure those disappointed by Confrontation will want to try out another Cyanide game in the same universe, but I strongly recommend those who have enjoyed a more tactical approach in RPG titles to give Aarklash: Legacy a try.
More information.

I bought it, downloading it now.I don't have too much fate in cyanide but this does look good.

I had lots of fun with it. Combat system is pretty solid and the way they dealt with loot and skill tree makes it more fun. I'm still enjoying it. Definitely their best game to date. Hopefully, they will continue on this path :)

I had lots of fun with it. Combat system is pretty solid and the way they dealt with loot and skill tree makes it more fun. I'm still enjoying it. Definitely their best game to date. Hopefully, they will continue on this path :)

Wow, then must try!

Okay-- I love it when something comes out of the woodwork that I was not following and is a surprise. Who has time to play any of them anyway?
Sadly that is why I like Beta's-- a built in excuse not to finish lol :)

Okay— I love it when something comes out of the woodwork that I was not following and is a surprise. Who has time to play any of them anyway?
Sadly that is why I like Beta's— a built in excuse not to finish lol :)

Lol, I have exactly the same issues:)

Yes, at least for me.

Icewind Dale had tactical depth, if that's what you look forward to in the game, then yes it has plenty of depth. If what you look for is story, then it's as shallow as Paris Hilton. Nothing wrong with that, except that Baldur's Gate has both :)

Back
Top Bottom