Witcher Chapter 3: The Lock and Key "possible spoiler"

The Witcher

Seronn

Traveler
Okay so... I'm at the point in chapter 3 where I had to talk to the guards and figure out which one would help me out. I got to the sewers meeting point, spoke to the guard officer, then realized I needed some ingredients to make Swallows and Cat. So I left the sewers, bought my ingredients, came back to find the ladder is gone, and the officer will no longer talk to me. So I thought maybe I missed the window of time.. So I meditated, went and finished a kill task, came back at midnight and found out that he still won't talk to me. I googled this problem and found out that apparently this is a known bug.. And of course, I have no prior save point before this mistake.

Does anyone happen to know of a fix for this problem? Or am I SOL and do I need to basically start over from the beginning again? :(

Let me check my savegames. If I have one you need you can have it. Of course you will also have to be happy with the choices that I have made :)

that would be awesome :) Thanks!! :D

ps: hopefully you picked Triss because she is super sexy :D. Shani and her short hair don't cut it imo.

Yes I did :) Ok, I have found two saves: one a bit before Lock & Key (so you will still need to do some snooping) and one immediatelly after. Which one you prefer?

the one before would be fantastic :D
If you could, please send it to . YOU ARE A SAVIOR!!

Last edited:
Save on its way. Just in case, here is the link:
(link removed by me)

Let me know if you will encounter any problems.

Last edited:
Please post once the files have been received. I think I'll delete the email addy and link so our site doesn't inadvertantly contribute to any internet hijinx.

Apologies dt, you are right about the link. My only excuse is that I posted this before I had my morning coffee :)

I got it, thanks so much!!!!

I'll let you know if I have any problems.

quick question.. where do I put the save file? :X. I just don't wanna mess up haha

The default location is C:\My Documents\The Witcher\saves

You can delete your email addy now. Better safe than sorry :)

Back
Top Bottom