Beating curiously Undead to it

Don't be sorry. Somehow I never played JA2, but I have a copy of the gold edition coming my way.

should this be in General RPG or Games? We follow JA3 don't we?

I assume this is the official one now and not the Russian version(s) which ignored what they were contracted to do? Are we still going to see those with a new name?

Does Strategy First still have the rights to JA3 or have they lost it due to lack of royalty payments again? I can't believe that company is still in business but I'd hate to see it go.

Last edited:
Wasn't the big stink with the russian company over RT w/P. If so, why did this trailer look so rt w/p?

I wasn't sure if it was being covered so I posted here. UFO:ET are covered but not alter's ufo's. Better to be safe than sorry, and Curiously Undead has been quick with the Akella trailers so I had the pressure on to make a quick decision and post.

should this be in General RPG or Games? We follow JA3 don't we?

I assume this is the official one now and not the Russian version(s) which ignored what they were contracted to do? Are we still going to see those with a new name?

Does Strategy First still have the rights to JA3 or have they lost it due to lack of royalty payments again? I can't believe that company is still in business but I'd hate to see it go.

SF still has the rights to JA3. The other game (the one with RT combat), which was to become Jagged Alliance 3D, isn't supported by SF anymore and is coming out as Jazz: Hired Guns.
The last post by Shagnak in the following thread from Tcancer tells the story much better than I:
http://rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=19663

But this game really seems RT. Near the end of the trailer both squad members open up at the same time on the guy looking out the window of the room. Unless I'm seeing things or they included a TB double-whammy joint attack.

But this game really seems RT. Near the end of the trailer both squad members open up at the same time on the guy looking out the window of the room. Unless I'm seeing things or they included a TB double-whammy joint attack.

Yeah, but it's supposed to be TB -- I mean the combat, outside of that it's real-time like SS. And I think I'm wrong about the other game, now titled Jazz: Hired Guns: it was initially to have real-time combat but they changed it to TB. Here's an old preview from last year: http://www.strategycore.co.uk/e3/pg/06ja3dhandson

Short preview for JA3: they say it's TB.

Yeah, but it's supposed to be TB -- I mean the combat, outside of that it's real-time like SS. And I think I'm wrong about the other game, now titled Jazz: Hired Guns: it was initially to have real-time combat but they changed it to TB. Here's an old preview from last year: http://www.strategycore.co.uk/e3/pg/06ja3dhandson

Maybe it was just supposed to be a cinematic? To fit in with the drug dealer slain news paper heading? But you did see it right? Or have I finally lost it? I don't know much (or anything) about programming, but you'd figure they wouldn't have bought the silent storm engine if they wanted RT or a RT mode.

But that would be interesting if the original drama was over not making the game TB, and then JA 3d is now TB and JA3 is RT. How delicously dramatic!!!!

Maybe it was just supposed to be a cinematic? To fit in with the drug dealer slain news paper heading? But you did see it right? Or have I finally lost it? I don't know much (or anything) about programming, but you'd figure they wouldn't have bought the silent storm engine if they wanted RT or a RT mode.

But that would be interesting if the original drama was over not making the game TB, and then JA 3d is now TB and JA3 is RT. How delicously dramatic!!!!

I edited my post in real-time to add the Gamespot preview link. It's TB !!!

i think that's the same guitarist from nightwatch.

it seemed to be that the 2nd guy fired directly after the first guy. if you queue your turns and then watch them unfold without pause its still turn based just illogically forced.

Back
Top Bottom