Sprinting question

gozioso

Sentinel
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Is sprinting broken in this game? I recently purchased the Gamersgate version, and I am using the unofficial 1.6 patch. My character seems to be able to sprint only ~50 feet before stopping. Everything else seems to be working gameplay-wise. Can someone offer any insight? Thanks in advance.

Yes, but 50 feet??!! Sometimes, it is even seems less than that distance. I tried getting the running perks, but they don't seem to make any difference. To me, the sprinting seems broken. There is also a cooldown timer, but I don't see any indicator on the screen unlike, for example, the STALKER games, which have a sprint meter. That's pretty bad UI design.

I also bought the Precursors, and the sprinting in that game seems more reasonable to me. Furthermore, when I sprint in Precursors, my weapon sways to indicate sprinting. This is not the case in White Gold. I'm wondering if there is something wonky with my game settings. Can anyone offer any further insight into this?

Last edited:
Furthermore, when I sprint in Precursors, my weapon sways to indicate sprinting. This is not the case in White Gold.

This is indeed strange, but I can reproduce it. Anyone having any ideas?

Is the Gamersgate version 1.0? I am assuming that is the case. The 1.1 fix log has two items pertaining to movement:

- Reduced running speed player
- Increased time that a player can run with stamina

Is there any way to apply the 1.1 patch to the Gamersgate version? I tried the 1.1 diskless version patch when I first bought the game, but it caused the game to prompt for a serial key. I was given a key when I bought the game, but that key wouldn't work.

I already finished the game, but this would be nice information to know (not just for me but for others). Can anyone offer any insight?

[Edit: It turns out that there is a sprint meter: It is a part of the character icon in the bottom left corner (the orangish part). I can't believe that I didn't notice this, but that's what happens when you don't have a manual]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom