DA:Inquisition - The Making of

Hexprone

Thou hast lost an eighth!
Nm0qV1yNPDYv.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

Another interview with David Gaider and the rest of the Bioware team, and this one actually isn't focused solely on sexual diversity, although the other stuff doesn't show up until page three. Jumping ahead:

“If we did bring back everybody it’d be like a parade,” Gaider says. “We’ve got two games in the past, one expansion and some DLC. We can’t have them just come marching back. We’ve done some of that, and I don’t think it works particularly well so we just pick our battles.”

I ask the group if there are any choices regarding companions that they’ve regretted presenting to the player.

“Er, yes,” Gaider replies. “Sometimes I want to write a letter to past-Dave and say ‘future-Dave does not appreciate your decisions'.”

He continues. “It’s not necessarily regret, but there are definitely ‘aw, if only’ situations where a character who turned out to be super cool could die. That creates a ‘Schrödinger’s character’, and as such they become much more risky to include in future titles.”

“We keep half-killing Alistair, for example.” Gaider says. “At this point he’s only 10% alive.”

More information.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom