The Witcher - Enhanced Edition Available in May

magerette

Hedgewitch
True to their word, the official Witcher site has posted the following news about new content this spring. It will be in the form of an 'Enhanced Edition,' and will include improvements to the load times and other technical polishing, the D'jinni toolkit, two new mods with 5 additonal hours of play, and significant improvements in translation for all language versions, especially the English and German. It's a very long document, and there is also an associated pdf file, so I will only be quoting a few snips:
...aside from the game DVD, we are planning to include a DVD with a Mod Editor D'jinii, as well as two additional adventures, a video DVD with extended material concerning the making of the game, a music CD with 29 tracks from the game, a music CD with 15 tracks of music inspired by the game, an 80-page instruction booklet, a 112-page official guide written by the authors of the game, and a 50-page short story written by Andrzej Sapkowski. There will also be a map of the game world. As you can see it is quite an elaborate release and it is important to us that fans all over the world be able to buy this version of the game. Especially considering it will not be more expensive than the standard edition of the game!
For those who already own The Witcher, the new content will be available as a download:
Fans that have already bought the game need not worry, however, because the new content and improvements will be available to them in the form of a downloadable update "
And a short description of the mod content:
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition does not only mean changes in the game's mechanics or better graphics, however. There's also an included mod editor called D'jinni that allows players to create or modify their own adventures in the world of The Witcher, as well as two completely new adventures created by CD Projekt RED. First adventure “The price of neutrality” tells the story of Geralt coming back to Kaer Morhen and finding mysterious camp near stronghold (3 new quests) while second one focus on Dandelion and his troubles in Vyzim City (5 quests)
Head over to the links above for more details. (You can also read the same text, but with bigger screenshots, in the forum announcement.)
More information.

That sounds very good. I've been holding off on witcher in anticipation of something like this. And seems I did the right thing. I'm sure the game is much more enjoyable with this thing. Seems like the game is already in pretty good shape from what i've heard but after this I expect a highly polished game.

I'll be buying this even though I already have the game (for multiple reasons). Now *that* is an enhanced edition!

But, yes, if you don't already own it I'd imagine waiting for this version would be a good idea.

I hope it sells well...and with all those goodies in it I think it probably will. Would have been nicer to have 10 hours or so of mod/additional content though instead of just 5...but I'll get over it.

Even though i own the original version, i will probably get this as well.

How is waiting the right thing if the new content is also available as a patch?

Well, the new version is still cooler than regular version + downloaded content. :) And stuff like the music CDs probably won't be in the download.

No that's amazing :)
I'm definitely going to buy this new edition!

50 new NPC, 100 new animations... I bet those were done before the first release. Anyway, I am getting this one as well, maybe I will have a new rig to play it at max 1920x1200 res.

This is great news and I thoroughly applaud it.

But seriously, buy it again? When you get most of the good stuff as a free download? If I needed another copy for some other reason I could see getting this new one as the way to go, but otherwise you're effectively doubling the cost of the game for yourself.

The only game I have two copies of is NWN, and that's because my second copy came free with the NWN2 collectors edition!

"and significant improvements in translation for all language versions, especially the English and German"

This would really put The Witcher in the top rpg ratings for me, but, do I have to buy it again to get this?

This is mighty impressive, and that is the attitude that all developer companies should embrace (they won't of course, as they are money-hungry a$$holes). I'll definitely buy the Enhanced Edition. Well done, The Witcher team!

This is what I've been waiting for too!

I already have the music CD etc, from the Collectors edition I first bought, but I will definitely download the patch. I love this game!!

Sweet! I allready have the CE, so a patching it will be.

Now I just need a new PC to get off the low-setting option.

Back
Top Bottom