Risen A few questions...

rockyourazz

Watchdog
Hi I am in chapter 1, level 18 with 60 strength and the Don's 30 hit-point golden sword. I have spent learning points on gut-animals lvl1, prospect lvl1, lockpicking lvl2, pickpocketing lvl2 and my strength and I have a couple of questions…

1)I cut through ashbeasts, ghouls, war crickets and scorpions like butter (funny that ogres are still giving me a bit of a problem as they were of the first "big" things I managed to kill and long before an ashbeast which now I find extremely easy) but when could I expect to beat an elite lizard warrior? Could I do it with 80 strength and the 80 hit-point Berserker sword (still on level 1 sword fighting)?

3)If I were to go the Mage road now would I have reason to regret spending learning points to buy 60 strength (I think I spent 50 learning points on it because you start with 10 strength… If I remember correctly) or would I need strength as a Mage too?

Thank you for any replies…

1. Why are you worried about elite lizard warriors if you're still in Chapter 1?

3. I wouldn't have spent that much on strength, and I also wouldn't have learned Prospect for a Mage character. It's not a huge deal though, you can play a hybrid type character just fine in this game.

Thank you JDR13 for replying and the reason is to kill them and get loot and stuff :)
I don't remember which one (or both) of the temples with lizards are available in chapter 1 but it is either the one just above the farm under the monastery or the small temple nearby with the guard close to it… or even something else but I am certain because I remember you have to use telekinesis on a lever so you don't get crushed and because he was so strong (there were about 5 of them close by) I even lured him to me with arrows and then got close to the trap and set it off to crush him but it didn't effect him and I was gone in a wink :)

I really need to go back there for revenge and lizard-blood…especially in chapter 1… just to spite the damn lizards…

PS
How much DID you spend on strength as a mage?

PS#2
I will go and check where exactly it is later…I don't have the energy to go back and look for it now but I will get back here and give you that detail…

UPDATE:
Alright.... It is the temple above the farm near the monastery... the one with the two scorpions in the entry-room...It is available in chapter 1

Last edited:
If you play a pure mage, I actually advice you to not put anything into Strength. The highest ranks of the various crystal magics are more than powerful enough to be your one and only attack through the game, in which case you can put everything else into Seals/Mana.

I do advice you to put 15 points into Lockpicking level 3, however, despite getting access to the Lockpick rune later on. The reason is that you get access to it so late, you'll have to backtrack a big portion of the game. Also, having enough skill points is not an issue for mages unless you try to max out two crystal magics.

Edit: As for lizard elites, if you're going to beat them in melee, you should probably get higher rank swords/axes. The reason is quite simple: You get access to power attacks (charged attacks), which is the best way to do decent damage against them. In that case you would easily be able to do it with 80 Strength + Berserker.

Edit 2: The temple is available in Chapter 1, with elites and everything, but you'll bump into a blue barrier further in that will prevent you from doing anything main quest related there. There's actually no point in being there that early.

Last edited:
I got the Lockpick Rune in Chapter 2, so Lock 3 is a waste of LP for a mage.

You get the Rune, yes, but it requires Seal 3, which is 150 Wisdom. I've never been able to obtain that pre-chapter 3, at which point most of the world is explored already.

You get the Rune, yes, but it requires Seal 3, which is 150 Wisdom. I've never been able to obtain that pre-chapter 3, at which point most of the world is explored already.

You don't need to get Seal 3. Once I got the rune I created about 10 or 15 LP scrolls and that was more than enough in chapter 2.

There are not many LP scrolls available from vendors in chapter 1 or 2. I think I only found about 4 LP scroll from vendors in Ch2. So it's worth getting the rune at this point.

I think for my future play through I will not get LP pass level2. I will just get the LP rune and use scroll for harder locks.

Yes, LP3 is not really needed. In fact on my new game I only have LP1 and I have not had any problems since the rune is easy to get at the very start of Ch2 and if you're a mage you'll already have scrollmaking.

edit: as far as str goes, you don't need any as a mage but for the first Chapter, it's good to put 20 into str so you can handle a decent weapon in the camp area. You can pick up a lot of extra XP that way.

Thanks...

Thank you for all your replies and know-how … I will go on for now since I have done allot since I bought that 50 strength points (and I have a save from before I did)… I now have enough learning points to max out one crystal magic and I figure I will have enough for another full one somewhere into chapter 2 as long as all the enemies re-spawn and since Rune magic doesn't require learning points (correct me if I'm wrong) I can be quite a strong mage with two max crystals AND Runes (I think fire crystal and magic crystal)… I can live with that…

As for those damn lizards I am too worked up to let it go for now so I will try a little more… I did get to hit him from afar with a 20 hit-point bow about twenty times (his health went down by about a 1/6 or 1/7) until he finally figured out I was hitting him :) I now have a 75 hit-point crossbow and a +5 or +10 dex amulet and two +3 dex rings so I will try again… maybe just one will be enough :)

Thanks again for your help and advice about the Lockpicking Rune in chapter 2… I will look up posts on that one…Have a great day…

You won't be maxing out 2 crystal magics in Chapter 2, and yes Runes do use LPs(5) each time you advance to the next seal.

Wow... you people are fast :)
Thanks yet again... I guess I'll have to wait a little longer for two max crystals...and thanks for the directions for the lockpicking rune...I hope I will be able to help you out too in the future... Thank you...

Back
Top Bottom