Two Worlds II - Spellcrafting Guide

The quest density is pretty high… I have 59 quest lines in my Chapter I journal. The way quests are generally only spawned on acceptance makes exploring the wilderness really just about scenery and combat as far as I can see though. I think it's great so far, largely because of the number and quality of quests. There's a combination of breadth, depth and quality that I'm really enjoying. ARPG fans should not miss out on this IMO, as far as I can tell from 30 hours or more.

Edit: Did we post at the same time there or did I just miss your last post? Sorry :)

Edit2: Actually now I come to think of it… exploration is not just about scenery, combat and alchemy ingredients, you also need to find 'quest givers'. In the early stages around Bayan, you start more or less next to the quest giver that moves things forward, but once you're through that stage you need to explore to find the towns, guilds etc.

It's not about the number of quests. I know there are a zillion quests in Hatmandor but you say yourself "exploring the wilderness really just about scenery and combat as far as I can see though". That doesn't work so well for me.

I'm not saying it's a terrible game but when I think of Gothic, there's something interesting in every corner. There isn't in this game unless you've already spawned the quest. I find that makes the idea of an "open" game rather pointless.

I guess that's why it's named 'Two Worlds'... one very small world for single player, one big world for multiplayer

It is actually the opposite since if you look at it you only get 2 small parts of the big island for MP and you get a portion of that island, and most of the rest of the landmass for SP. People just act like most of the land has been locked off for MP.

PS. I guess people that are saying that there are only 100 quests are either lying or have ignored most of the content since people in chapter 1 are getting close to that amount.

It is actually the opposite since if you look at it you only get 2 small parts of the big island for MP and you get a portion of that island, and most of the rest of the landmass for SP. People just act like most of the land has been locked off for MP.

PS. I guess people that are saying that there are only 100 quests are either lying or have ignored most of the content since people in chapter 1 are getting close to that amount.

I guess im lying after combing every part of the game talking to every npc and doing all the quest given to me by the guilds and barely doing 150 quests.Yeah I guess im lying.The game is a barren wasteland with a few dungeons and no point in buying a boat of a horse.Its just respawns of wildlife and scenic open spaces.

Well my time stamps says just over 10 hours and I haven't reached Hatmandor yet while bypassing several caves etc, so I'm finding tons to do and interesting approaches to doing it. I found at least 80% of Oblivion wasted space!!

…why not take out all quests that arent "all that" too if we're going to use that approach? Because according to you they're a "waste" too, right? Maybe take out all the uninteresting characters as well since those most certainly must be a waste of time talking to. I'm sure we could have a fun 1-2h long game then.

Well my time stamps says just over 10 hours and I haven't reached Hatmandor yet while bypassing several caves etc, so I'm finding tons to do and interesting approaches to doing it. I found at least 80% of Oblivion wasted space!!

Last post on this topic. Yes, you'll find plenty of quests on the way to Hatmandor. Tell me when you discover something interesting just wandering in the wilderness. That makes the open world pointless - it's really a linear game with a bunch of wilderness areas with random spawns.

Honestly, Oblivion is a much better game.

Here's the map showing what's available (or not):

c6t6-l.jpg

Black = unused
Red=SP
Blue=MP

(taken from the official forum)

This is pretty pathetic indeed. I remember getting impressed with the big map they showed before the game release and reading enthusiastic reactions in these forums. They didn't bother to clarify that a larger part of the map is in fact MP only. I'd say they didn't "lie" intentionally but withhold important information and let on people think that whole map is accessible. From the above illustration, it seems around 50% or more of the map area is not-navigable in SP (including the 'unused' black areas).

While quality of content definitely matters, having a vast and beautifully crafted world to explore is a major factor for me to consider for an 'open-world' game such as TWII.

I guess the world isn't that big, but at least the gameplay isn't hollow and the NPCs not dreary drones with painful writing like in Oblivion (DB quests excluded).

Unmodded Oblivion is like a big collection of hollow ;)

That is only part of the world map!! To be fair, you need to show the entire world, not just that one island.

People are talking nonsense. The world of TW2 is without a doubt bigger than that of the original Gothic. Sure, it doesn't contain as many nifty things to discover, but that's besides the point - the point is, lack of land mass is not a drawback in TW2.

That is only part of the world map!! To be fair, you need to show the entire world, not just that one island.

It's 2, but you're right, its Eikronas mainly (the largest part of the map, which is what the community is upset about).

Back
Top Bottom