Witcher 2 Cruel joke....

The Witcher 2

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete
Fantastic. Just great. I picked up my boxed copy of TW2 on the way home from work. Tied up with other stuff and so just now tried to install it. Barely get into the install and I get a "Cyclic redundancy check." Tried installing with different ROM drive, still the same, in the same spot in the install. Apparently my game shipped with a coaster for an install disc, and the store I purchased from is already closed.

Ah, the further benefits of DD now become apparent!! :) Sorry to hear about that. I remember buying a game from OS from a supplier I had used several times before. Opened the box and the install CD was missing, called the supplier and was told the game had sold out there and they had no further copies. I could return my copy for a credit was the best they could offer. I never used them again!!

Download the torrent and use your legit key for activation.

Anyone arguing the "morality" issue of this, can piss off. I mean that in the nicest possible way of course :)

I am probably known as the crazy moral preacher here.... but... I don't have a problem with doing what DArt suggest if you bought a legal none working copy....

The theoretical issue is that you might not want to seed the game. You can either disable seeding or minimise the bandwidth dedicated to it - so you're not actively supporting distribution of the data files.

Anyone arguing the "morality" issue of this, can piss off. I mean that in the nicest possible way of course :)

I believe there is noone who'll argue with you about this.
He bought the game, media contains erroneous data, he gets the correct data, case closed.

I should have done the same , it took 7 freaking hours to download the game (i have not even instal it yet!!!!) from gamersgate , next time rapidshare account will be put in use.

Did you try GoG? I got really good download speeds from there.

UPDATE: I took the game back to Gamestop today to exchange it. Got a new copy with no hassle. Problem still exists even with new disc!!

Now that the game has been out for a day there is some feedback getting posted on the web and guess what? - This error I'm getting is happening across the country… I don't know the technicalities over what causing the issue, but there are a lot of pissed off customers including myself. The problem is specific to the data2.cab file on disc 1. Some people are having success copying the files to their hard drive and then running the install straight from the hard drive. I don't know what the difference would be, but I'm trying it right now. :fingerscrossed:

You can use programs like IsoBuster to copy the disk (they can skip bad sectors) and then try install it from the hard drive.

Not sure if its going to work but fingers crossed for you.

Well I managed to successfully copy the files to my hard drive (at least it didn't give me an error), but now the problem is that the data was on two discs. After copying both discs to the hard drive and starting the install, it doesn't want to continue installing past the first disc's data. Once it runs through the first disc, it just 'quits', there is no prompt to insert the next disc, or even browse to the copied contents. I tried putting all the data in one single folder, but it doesn't make a difference.

So after installing the first disc, there is now a launch icon for the game on the desktop, but it won't work of course. Activating the install launcher again only prompts you to uninstall the game.

This blows. I've spent two nights in a row just to get the game installed, and still failing.

you can't return the game and buy to from gog? after all its faulty disk.

Well I managed to successfully copy the files to my hard drive (at least it didn't give me an error), but now the problem is that the data was on two discs. After copying both discs to the hard drive and starting the install, it doesn't want to continue installing past the first disc's data. Once it runs through the first disc, it just 'quits', there is no prompt to insert the next disc, or even browse to the copied contents. I tried putting all the data in one single folder, but it doesn't make a difference.

So after installing the first disc, there is now a launch icon for the game on the desktop, but it won't work of course. Activating the install launcher again only prompts you to uninstall the game.

This blows. I've spent two nights in a row just to get the game installed, and still failing.

Why don't you download the clone off the net?

It's pretty easy and would save you a lot of pain.

Why don't you make an ISO of the discs, and mount these as required with DaemonTools?
That can't go wrong...

Everything can go wrong
I have still not played the game i bought 2 days ago

someting100.dll not found problem , visual basic and netframe kits are installed and validated ....

Jabberwocky you are not the only one cursed here

Everything can go wrong
I have still not played the game i bought 2 days ago

someting100.dll not found problem , visual basic and netframe kits are installed and validated ….

Jabberwocky you are not the only one cursed here

You need the latest Visual C++ dll i think (100 is the version number of the latest MS c++ compiler)… there is an FAQ about it on the main site

here is the FAQ,

http://www.en.thewitcher.com/support/faq/#t12

Well thanks for the help guys. Finally got it running, and honestly don't know what I did differently that actually worked! Game is a performance hog, trying to tweak settings now to get it playable.

Back
Top Bottom