Witcher 2 Odd graphics issue

The Witcher 2

lostforever

SasqWatch
I don't believe its bug but this particular graphics issue was making me dizzy!

If you turn the camera(by moving the mouse) to view your surroundings, you get sort of washout effect while you are moving it. It happens so quickly but you can notice it. It was making me dizzy and bit uncomfortable. I know that, I am not explaining it properly but I will try and get screenshot (if I can) later today.

Anyone understand what I am talking about? :) If yes is there any way to get rid of this effect please?

Most likely the "Motion Blur" effect, and less likely the "Depth of Field" effect. Both can be turned off through the launcher menu - under "Video and Language" - and choosing "Advanced Options".

Most likely the "Motion Blur" effect, and less likely the "Depth of Field" effect. Both can be turned off through the launcher menu - under "Video and Language" - and choosing "Advanced Options".

Ah thanks for the tip. I will try those options later tonight :)

I need to get rid of that effect since it was really making me dizzy and sort of sick :(

Did it have the same effect on you or, you were fine with it?

Ah thanks for the tip. I will try those options later tonight :)

I need to get rid of that effect since it was really making me dizzy and sort of sick :(

Did it have the same effect on you or, you were fine with it?

Yeah, motion blur is getting to be pretty standard in most modern games with an emphasis on visuals.

I've never had a bad physical reaction to a game, but I know of several people who get "motion sickness" from certain games.

The motion blur thing is something I can easily imagine having a big effect in that way.

Personally, I kinda like it. It enhances the sensation of moving and turning - but I wouldn't say it's vital for the experience in any way whatsoever. Just a little "neat" realism feature.

Ah interesting. I never came across this before. In fact TW2 is the first game in which I experienced it.

Having said, I haven't played many games recently with an emphasis on visuals. Do you know any recent games where you can experience it?

Some recent games I played are Rift (MMO), DA2 demo, ME2 and WoW but I never came across the same issue.

I know this is bit off topic now but I want to make sure its the game and not my eye sight that is the issue :)

Thanks

It's mostly a "shooter" feature - but the effect is certainly in the first Mass Effect - though perhaps it's less pronounced. Can't immediately recall if it's in Mass Effect 2 - but I would have thought so.

It's also in many shooters, like Crysis and the Call of Duty games.

Its in two Worlds Two as well-many people complained it was having a bad effect on them as well.
It never bothered me either but tweaks were available and later a patch to remove it.

I turned motion blur off and the problem is gone. Now I can play the game without getting sick :)

Thanks all for your help.

Back
Top Bottom