GOG - Adventures from Daedalic Sale

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
GOG is having a weekend sale on all adventure games from Daedalic. So if love adventure games the sale is for you.

Weekend Promo: Adventures from Daedalic

Night of the Rabbit, Deponia, Edna & Harvey and more imaginative adventure games up to 60% off!

The golden age of adventure gaming is not over. Sure there are timeless classics that make your brain melt and mouth water, but you don't have to look to the past to experience captivating storytelling. Meet Daedalic, the makers of enthralling new worlds ripe with magnificent puzzles and pulsating life. Let us take you on a journey with Adventures from Daedalic! This weekend, all of Daedalic's games in the GOG.com's catalog are up to 60%! Let's have a look at some of these exceptional adventures:
More information.

Night Of The Rabbit 60 % off ???
That game came into the shops only 1 or 2 months ago !!!

Message : "Why should I pay these high prices at retail if I can have it online for so much less money ?"

Night Of The Rabbit 60 % off ???
That game came into the shops only 1 or 2 months ago !!!

Message : "Why should I pay these high prices at retail if I can have it online for so much less money ?"

Game must have sold poorly at full price if they are offering it on sale after that short time.

Game must have sold poorly at full price if they are offering it on sale after that short time.

That. A massive sale so early after release usually means the game has missed its sales target (or that the publisher wants to broaden the installed base for upcoming DLCs, like Bethesda usually does). That's nothing to worry about in case of adventure games though. These games have budgets in the vicinity of 500k€. They don't have to move huge numbers to make their money back.

According to the reviews they're all worth playing. ;) Daedalic is the leading developer for non-episodic adventures at the moment.
Without hands-on experience I would exclude Deponia (the trilogy will be completed soon) and Edna (too low-fy). This leaves 4 games. Intuitively I would start with A New Beginning (because it's the cheapest), if I hadn't The Whispered World already in my Steam account. All the other games should follow roughly the same style. Chains of Satinav might be worth a shot too, because it's The Dark Eye themed.

They're independent. Sequels should be intuitively clear by looking at the name.

I didn't like Deponia as I didn't like the main character, really enjoyed Chains of Satinav and just bought it's sequel, Memoria, on Steam. Harvey - I finished Harvey's New Eyes - that's a truly freakish story of a very mentally disturbed young girl. I got over low production values quite quickly, but could never get over/forget the game, it leaves a mark on you ;).

They make pretty good adventure games, lots of imagination there. They sort of remind me of a mix between lucasarts/westwood/seirra style.

Back
Top Bottom