OutWard - Is now Funded

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The Kickstarter for Outward was canceled last May, but it has received funds from the Canadian Media Fund, so development is continuing with a much higher funding than they were going at in the Kickstarter campaign.

Today, the Canada Media Fund announced the different projects it will help fund with its Experimental Stream program. Here's the list.

Among the 22 projects you'll notice that Outward was picked!!! We are awarded over 950,000 Canadian dollars, meaning that the game's development is now funded!

This isn't just a handout, it's a huge responsibility that we are honored to be entrusted with. Having built this company from almost nothing, you can bet that we understand and respect the value of this money and will maximize every single cent of the budget to make the best game we can.

So expect to hear more from us and see the project evolve until it's finally ready for gamers to enjoy!

A big thank you to the Canada Media Fund and thank you to our backers for believing in the project since the start.
More information.

If Gheeyom ever returns to this forum, tell him I said congrats.

Good News :) I supported the game on Kickstarter, and I really look forward to seeing more

This looks pretty decent and I totally missed it.

That's because your adventuring days are gone. :p

Well, I've been playing Borderlands for about a month, so my crpg cred is probably taking a fatal hit :)

I ment the arrow "misfortune"! :D

So they're taking money from the federal government, they are based in Quebec city, QC, and they don't bother to make their website bilingual. It's pretty disrespectful.

So they're taking money from the federal government, they are based in Quebec city, QC, and they don't bother to make their website bilingual. It's pretty disrespectful.

What, so the nine people in Canada that only speak French and game can maybe get a chance to support this?

Not worth it.

This does not look like a much of a RPG but it still seems more interesting than Skyrim. The survival aspect and lack of level scaling already makes it better.

What, so the nine people in Canada that only speak French and game can maybe get a chance to support this?

Not worth it.

I speak it, but I would like to see it in my language, it is basic decency to me. Not to mention that all the individuals working there speak both languages, and yet they refuse to display their roots. And it would allow to promote the game to more people who could not be very good in English.

I'll send a complaint to the OQLF, the governmental agency that regulates and enforces these issues, because it is illegal as they have an address there. Any such commercial website must be bilingual and as complete in both languages, it is the law.

Thank you for succinctly summing up 80% of what is wrong with Quebec in a nice simple post.

If it wasn't for the federal government incentives to attract businesses there, the place would have an economic collapse 20 years ago. I have to fly there for business often and its generally a running joke on what we will be offered to deal with the bureaucratic nightmare that you've turned your province into.

The more people I meet from Canada, the more I understand your countries general attitude towards Quebec. One day it will simply stop being worth it to deal with the BS.

Edit : Although being able to hire five engineers for the price of one over here is still pretty damn attractive.

Last edited:
First off not everyone agrees with the horrendous red tape, far from it, in fact people are fed up, it was instituted by an insular bureaucratic elite and people are waking up.

Second the place has decided a long time ago that if you want to do business here, you have to communicate basic information about your company and your products in the language of the land to show a minimum of respect toward your consumers. This is not a joke and there is nothing demanding about it. At all. And it's one language, not many of them like in Europe.

If such measures were not in place, it would be impossible to get any services in the language and it would be impossible for someone to speak French exclusively and have any kind of decent job for the private sector, so this is more than warranted. It would be almost completely flaunted. It means we would be second class citizens in our country and one big underclass just as it was the case only a few decades ago.

Frankly look at all the ex-Ubisoft alumni and others who are creating studios like these and coming up with really good things, like in this precise case. Maybe we're not all doofuses after all who only want to be a pain to everyone else.

Wow humanity. I intentionally worded that harshly and you gave a reasonable response! What is this world coming to?

While I can see your point of view, and your 2-3 paragraphs make sense, it is frustrating to deal with all the red tape. It would be nice if the policy makers of QC would have a modicum of common sense. Would make it so so much easier.

Back
Top Bottom