Fallout 3 - Retrospective on Drugs

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Here is a different way to look at a game. While under medication an editor at Gaming rebellion has played Fallout 3 and feels it has its lows and highs.

Although for me, and in my (in real life) medical condition, I didn't mind the grind so much while in my hazy state. Even with fast travel, prepare to walk, a lot. I mean a whole hell of a lot, but my (IRL) medical issues were pleasantly distracted discovering POIs, making the endless hikes worthwhile. I didn't discover every single POI, but after 90 hours, along with the repetitive nature of the game, I feel that I got the entire Fallout 3 experience. So no rating, no scoring this game. For various reasons Fallout 3 would scale very low and very high. If you have enjoyed Bethseda's previous games, you will enjoy Fallout 3. The addition of active combat made it both more fulfilling and at times, frustrating. This is also a manic depressive adventure, so if you can deal with the ups and downs like your weird cousin Fred, and if you're the type that can overlook technical failures (bored Liam, clipping, so much walking) than you're going to have a blast. If not, then perhaps don't spend any time in the DC wastelands and stick with the far superior Borderlands or Metro series instead.
More information.

Far superior Borderlands? Borderlands is a blast but barely an RPG and certainly has none of the FO3 atmosphere. Sure there is alot a walking in the wasteland. Its a wasteland!

I look at the article with tons of words in caps and the pictures of himself that the blogger is inserting in the article. Plus what is the relevance of himself being on drugs while playing Fallout 3? To me it just looks like extremely shoddy game "journalism".

His condition sounds unpleasant, so I can understand the need for medication. *sympathies*

Back
Top Bottom