What games are you playing now?

even tho me and tigress do some gaming together, Ive found that we have far more fun when we do non-gaming things instead. Even tho we're both gamers, it just doesnt seem like us gaming together ever turns out being much fun. I think we got together ultimately because we were looking for some human companionship, not just another gamer to pass the time with. Or maybe it's that other stuff is far more fun???

and no I'm not talking about THAT "other stuff"! ='.'=

It's like we have our solitary worlds we go into when we game, and that's fine. I dont think she can understand the fun of cranking out 20 Vikings any more than i can the fun of making 20 leather pouches in an MMO. It's the equivalent of each of us watching "our show" on television or soemthing.

@Gothic - No disrespect meant to the epic Kings Bounty or HOMM titles, but they just werent fun for me after a while. I understand the allure, theyre just boring as hell to me. Disciples seems far more RPG, therefore more my style. I hire a crew of units, they stick with me and may level up. It's almost a party-based, tactical RPG sans the banter when it all shakes out, as opposed to the monotonous task of hiring and re-hiring hundreds of clone units constantly for another coma-inducing slow-motion battle. Maybe if I could keep my units from dying, I wouldnt be doing that so often…

Last edited:
We have now tried Borderlands in LAN and both me and she enjoyed it. She's obviously not as good at fps as I am, so she use the Siren and focus on defense/escape. I play the Hunter and am getting better at sniping.

Oh, well another thread to make me feel old…… I guess you're not alone todays most common dating lines are probably "Do you play WOW?", "Which server do you play on?" , "What level are you?"

Spelling correction:

"do u play wow which server u play on what lvl r u?"

And add the following: "inv plz"

Playing Borderlands with my gf was a good idea. She enjoyed it and even ask to play again when she got home from work the day after. I will continue to play the game, but only when she want to. I do not think I would enjoy it as much if it wasn't for playing it with her.

I finally got back to Dragon Age: Origins. Man, I love this game. Of course, I wouldn't have been able to dedicate much time to it had I started to play it earlier on. I play a very dedicated healer/buffer. As long as I have a couple of buddies in my party, I keep them healed and I do not have to bother about dealing damage on my own.

Where's the fun in that? Kill'em all!

Since Baldur's Gate I usually make my main character more of a leader than a killer, there's usually a companion that can be used as tank or damage dealer. My main focus is to beef up companions, making them better than they already are, or overcome their shortcomings. In Neverwinter Nights SoU or HotU I could do with just 2 companions, not only could my Cleric improve my companions, my main character could just by changing spellist fill almost any role; damage dealer, tank, paladin, spellcaster, buffer, debuffer etc and I could always keep my companions alive. I mastered this even further in NWN2 where my buffs lead to most characters running around with almost 20 buffs each while fire was raining from the skies.

Trying this approach in Dragon Age is a risk, since packaging a cleric in battle armor isn't as easy here as it is in D&D. Still, my mage is almost maxed out on willpower, magic and creation spells. As long as i keep her out of harms way, she can make sure that Alistair solo whatever he's up against, using heroic buffs, regeneration and heals. Granted, in the fight with the Sloth Demon I was happy to have Wynne there too, but I survived the entire fight without dying once.

I have an interest in game architecture in relationship with human psychology.

Very, very interesting idea, imho.

I pursue a similar trail, although a bit different.

Besides, I've begun playing Republic Commandos. Wow, what a grim game !

Getting my latest Diablo type fix with Sacred1 gold that I picked up on the Steam sale for $3.49, so far it's scratching that itch perfectly, turning out to be a heck of a bargain.

Also picked up Sacred 2 at D2D for $10.00 yesterday, looks like August is going to be a Sacred month.

S'up people.

I thought I'd be playing Starcraft 2 right about now, and man, was I waiting for this game, but after I saw the price it instantly fell into "no way I'm buying it" category. Seriously, I don't know about other countries, but here the price is insane, and this is one campaign - if I somehow decided that it's worth buying then I would have to let myself be ripped off two more times in the future. When they announced they would divide SC2 into three releases because the game is so big, I thought I'll wait and see the price before making any judgements, but I never expected this. Dang, I'm sure it's a great game, and I would love to play it, but it's far above the upper limit of what I pay for games. Ugh. I guess I'll have to wait until it costs half less, or when they release all three campaigns in a set one day… see you then, Starcraft 2. Damn you, Blizzard. Can't wait to see the price of Diablo 3.

Sooo, anyway… I'm playing Diablo 2 multiplayer. Hahaha. ;)

Also: I'm still waiting for Drakensang: River of Time, and the release date is 9th September for now. I remember when they were stil talking of May this year. Eh.
And since I finished Alpha Protocol some time ago, there are no new RPGs for me at the moment.

How expensive are we talking?

Tigress bought mine for 60$, and while not cheap, it's pretty much what I'd expect to pay for it if I want to play it right now while it's all the rage.

Finally made chapter IV in Witcher yesterday (yay, my fave part of the game) and in the last segment of the minor Protoss missions in Starcraft II. Got hammered at 1300 zerg/hybrids dead by their big push. I think the next time I attempt this I'm going to hang back a bit more and depend more on cannon emplacements (whatever theyre called), colossi, and air then getting up in front and mixing it up as much as I did.. I cant help it, I love jumping in and kicking ass w/ Zera Tul and a pack of Zealots!

Well, right now 1 USD is just under 3 PLN, and the game costs here 180 PLN (you could get is slightly cheaper I think) so yeah, around 60 bucks. Most new games cost around 100-120 PLN (unless it's EA) which is approximately 30-40$. 60$ is not a normal price for a PC game; sure, console games can cost even more than that, but that's console games. The most I have ever payed for a game was 140PLN (~45$) but that was like Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, and I never ever go above that price for a normal edition of a game, 'cause that's just ridiculous. So I'll wait. But I am disappointed with Blizzard nonetheless.

Re: Witcher: Hah, I just started a second playthrough earlier this summer, with a character focused on using Signs, but stopped somewhere in Chapter 2. I'll probably resume it in the near future.

Last edited:
Started to play Gothic 3 again and sometimes Diablo 2 on Bnet.

Btw are you ppl playing Borderlands with all the expansions?

I have done so with my gf and I but we haven't got far.

Playing Gothic 3 finally, after a long waiting. It's a good game, first I was a bit disappointed to be honest, but things started to get better by time.

Some good ol' CS also from time to time. Thinking about getting Settlers 7, I remember playing Settlers III loong time ago, kind of curious to check how far they've been going. :)

There'll be a "Cultures Online" soon. "Cultures" is a similar series like The Settlers, by Funatics, and if I understood it correctly, Funatics consists partly of old Settlers developers.

I am amazed with just how long Dragon Age is. I have played it non stop for a week now and I feel I am about half through, not including expansions. I am almost finished with 2/4 of the main middle quests and I have done almost all subquests available to me so far.

My Spirit Healer is doing fairly well. It works well with a rogue/archer, a melee damage dealer and a tank. I buff, heal and rely on AI for the rest. What I do miss are proper area attacks.

No harm in getting an AoE attack as well. I like the classic fireball a lot, though it tends to draw the attention of quite a few enemies, making it harder for your tank to remain the main focus.

I also tend to play the game in a similar way, focusing on manually playing the mage. Works very well!

Currently, I'm playing Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic again. Will definetly play KotOR2 afterwards. Enjoying it as always, despite the fact that I've experienced more technical issues now than ever before. Rather strange, most games that work well on Vista tend to work at least as well on Win 7, yet this is simply not the case for KotOR.

Oh well, I'll get by.

No harm in getting an AoE attack as well. I like the classic fireball a lot, though it tends to draw the attention of quite a few enemies, making it harder for your tank to remain the main focus.

I have maxed out Mage and Spirit Healer and was thinking about grabbing the last three glyphs in Creation too. After that I was thinking about just grabbing fireball. I used it a lot when shapeshifting in the fade. But I am also concerned about mages, they seem to be my greatest problem at the moment. I am considering working on Spirit Magic instead. For now my greatest AoE is Grease, which doesn't say much. Grabbing the firemagic will allow me to do grease fires which can be pretty nice.

I found the cold line of spells, ending with blizzard the best for AoE, because of the freezing status effects (as well as damage). Good for crowd control. :)

Back
Top Bottom