BioWare - KotOR MMORPG in Development?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I had planned to disregard this but it's now running on practically every site, making it hard to ignore the elephant in the room.
EGM magazine has posted a bunch of BioWare rumours with absolutely no evidence to back them up, including their current DS game is a Baldur's Gate title, Dragon Age is slated for the PS3 and a KotOR MMORPG is in development. Since the Dragon Age for PS3 thing has been substantially debunked (while realising that most titles head to other platforms eventually), it's hard to embrace the veracity of the claims. But who knows?
Head to CVG or just about anywhere else to read about it.
More information.

Ah, crap. I like this series a lot, too. I hope it doesn't go this direction. More story, less grinding, please.

I have also been ignoring that as well - but you are right, it is quickly spreading *everywhere*

I hope that the DS game *is* in the BG world, though ...

Last edited:
Rumours. Same procedure as last year.

Don't think that Bioware is developing foreign IP.

I don't think there is KOTOR MMOrpg in the works at Bioware, Austin. But I do think that there might be a Star Wars MMOrpg in the works, though...

Wouldn't KotOR be the most logical material to base an MMORPG one? Even if BioWare didn't do it themselves, they could just outsource it. Free cash!

Don't think that Bioware is developing foreign IP.

+1
Bioware was bought by Elevation partners some time ago. They have the funding to create their own IPs, including MMOs. The only reason I can imagine why they should cooperate with LucasArts on an MMO is to get a free test run for their new team.

bah a mmorpg...such a waste :|

You can't ignore 8 million regular subscribers to one game...

I think it was the Star Wars Galaxies community that initiated this rumour.

Back
Top Bottom