Wasteland 2 - Brian Fargo on development for Wasteland 2 @ GamesIndustry

When a game is designed for and combat is built around RT w/P it isn't TB. Period. A game that is designed for TB combat, and combat is built around TB combat, and has no pause function, is what it means for a game to be TB.

Turn based is turn based.

Of course you did. You just decided to act like you didn't and then reply like an ignorant douche.

At least you're not trying to hide your intentions. I prefer trolls that are open rather than subtle.

Look, kid, I may not know much, but I know what I’m talking about. I never once claimed or talked about the non-combat parts of the game being TB. My point, to those who know things about crpgs, is clear and not ambiguous. Please stop as you are not going to understand what I am talking about and I’m not explaining it more.

Turn based is turn based.

No, you don't say?

Please name five TB crpgs and 5 round-based crpgs. And please name just one round-based crpg which claimed to include TB combat, and which people wrongly believe to have TB combat. I, and anyone else who has a clue about crpgs could do this in about 10 seconds. If you can do this I’ll know you are more than a monkey spouting gibberish. Lacking this, shut your fucking mouth (or at least donate some money to save the little black babies).

I'd take you a heckuva lot more seriously if you didn't sound like some hyped-up 14 year old with your name-calling and pomposity.

I'd take you a heckuva lot more seriously if you didn't sound like some hyped-up 14 year old with your name-calling and pomposity.

I find him/her pretty amusing myself (and it's not like name calling wasn't happening on both sides).

On topic, there is nothing inherently wrong with corporations, it's just that a lot of them fail to produce niche or "dream" projects.

Back
Top Bottom