Felipe's cRPG Book - Open call for reviews

Yeah, that would have been my pick.

which one?

FP,

what about the "Silent Era" cRPG's?

Pedit5 - considered the first cRPG

dnd - the open source game that inspired/became Akalbeth (Ultima), Rogue, and Telengard

The Intellivision AD&D games

Ubliette, which Wizardry was a clone of

there's also the Anti-Diluvian games to consider, Collosal Caverns Adventure, Zork, etc.

These games are even too old for me - I know them only from Barton's book.

I don't know if felipepepe want to include an article about them. Please ask him.

which one?

FP,

dnd - the open source game that inspired/became Akalbeth (Ultima), Rogue, and Telengard

there's also the Anti-Diluvian games to consider, Collosal Caverns Adventure, Zork, etc.

I wouldn't include Intellivision games, after all, it was a console so that would mean opening the list to console RPGs. Zork is basically an adventure game before-there-were-graphics, though I think some of the later Zork games added stats and combat so those might be eligible.

I'm game for Ultima III. I still have The Wanderer playing in my head.
Cool, you're in. :)

But I have a guy from HardcoreGaming101 that already asked me about NWN1... how about doing Bard's Tale instead?

Damn, BG2 is already taken.. Can I please write a review on BG2?? I've only played this game 50+ times with/without mods!!! (Yes I love this game to death, the reason I play game to this day).
Sorry, I gave it to octavius form the Codex already... he wrote the mini-review on the Top 70 list, and I thought he did a great job. :-/

which one?

FP,

I want to focus on commercial PC games, so it makes sense to me start at Akalabeth...

However, I want a big article on the antediluvian days, and I already got Craig Stern to write me two pages on how RPGs started as wargames, with prussian generals, HG Wells and all that... he stops at Gary Gygax releasing AD&D, and I need someone to carry on from there, talking about the silent era, PLATO, and all that... until Akalabeth.

You sure sound like a great candidate... interested? :biggrin:

Sorry, I gave it to octavius form the Codex already… he wrote the mini-review on the Top 70 list, and I thought he did a great job.

@purpleblob maybe you contact octavius and you can ask him to do some kind of Codex - Watch collaboration on BG2 with you?

Yeah, I won't intervene, but you should ask him. He reviewed many other games, and I was the one that asked him to do the review, so maybe he doesn't care as deeply as you apparently do. ;)

That sounds great :) How do I contact him though? Should I just signed up for Codex forums and send him PM??

sounds good, on U3 and the so-called "Silent Era"

but I'm not your best guy for Bard's Tale - my brother would even be better.

but keep in mind how much I did with NWN- hosted server for 6 years, 15000+ unique in accounts, , 6000 member forum 75 users at once. I even wrote the fix for VFX circles that was implemented into the game. I was interviewed for two weeks for Bioware Wednesday by Jay Wamaniuk and I was asked by him to judge teh first mod contest.

sounds like THE NWN-reviewer for me… :)

You brother should become a Watcher...

PM Sent...Ideas are jumping in my head... Oooh I wish he will agree to it!! :)

Octavius is just above you -> a cat called PetrusOctavianus :)

Yeah noticed.. haha. Sent him PM on watch too :) Oh boy, I can hardly contain the excitement!!

You really should write this together - your enthusiasm and Octavius knowledge about games in general would be a great mix.

Back
Top Bottom