Dragon Age: Inquisition - Available Now

Believe me it's better that way.
NA is practically betatesting it, we'll at least get first few areas patched, perhaps solved causes of all crashes and most importantly our male hero won't be addressed as "she" and "her" while female as "he" and "him".

While I think as well that regional releases suck, I don't mind it in this case as I'm only a few hours into WL2 and will complete it before touching DA:I. Hopefully there will be one or two patches when I'm ready. If not, I'll spend my time with LoX. Happy times for RPGamers right now. :)

Just installed my Ps4 copy now, got it a day early even though I'm European. See you guys in a week or so.

Long load time are on all platforms, not just PC….as for performance GTX770 + FX-8350 everything on High but texture (Ultra) and no MSAA show no lag nor performance drops (beside cutscene, they are capped at 30FPS for technical reasons, there is a community fix but it screw up MP).

The user reviews on metacritic are still brutal. People on PC have serious issues with DAI that Bioware should not released with. At this point it is too late to salvage it long term, DAI will not be remembered 10 years from now as fondly as DAO.

The game doesn't have any special PC issues. KB/M works nicely once you set it up to your liking (ok mouse buttons can't be all mapped but I personally don't have a problem with it). The current control scheme I set it is the same I'm using in all the WASD game I play in 3rd person and it work the same as in all those games too.

A bunch of people are mad because they don't want to Learn2Play the game or customize their controls. It's not that hard to go in the keybinding menu and change the default pause hotkey if jumping on space is bothering you, yet it's the #1 complaints I've seen on the forums.

The real bugs and issues are present on all versions and mostly minor stuff.

So this is one of those "If it works well for me, it must well for everyone" posts?

Or are you Bioware #1 fan?

Running the benchmark I get
32 fps avg. And 28 min. Single card
74 avg. 52 min. Sli. Seem to be optimized very well for dual cards.

As for the drm, I've been playing lords of the fallen which uses the same thing for weeks on an ssd. According to my ssd software it hang reduced it's lifetime at all. I haven't found any credible evidence that the drm does anything more than a 1 to 5 % performance impact, stated by the devs.

If anyone has any links I'd be interested but so far it seems more like a case of we hate drm so that must be the problem. Until someone cracks the drm there's no way to run it without out it to see it's impact.

Anyway, I'm running it on

3770k@5ghz
Dual nvidia titans
16Gb ram
SSD
Win 8.1.

So it would seem to require a decent computer to run max settings @ 1080p.

There is a built in benchmark under extras tab. So you can fiddle with the setting to get the fps you want without have to check in game which is nice.

On a side note auto complete is very useful and infuriating all at the same time.

Just ignore fears, unlike ages old DRMs, Denuvo doesn't mess your PC anyhow nor does choke DA3 performance.
Crashes, blackscreens, lockups, stutters and freezes are caused by poor QA and betatesting phase (for example the game menuscreen has problems with quadcores, works flawlessly if you disable one core till you startnew/load game).

Running the benchmark I get
32 fps avg. And 28 min. Single card
74 avg. 52 min. Sli. Seem to be optimized very well for dual cards.

As for the drm, I've been playing lords of the fallen which uses the same thing for weeks on an ssd. According to my ssd software it hang reduced it's lifetime at all. I haven't found any credible evidence that the drm does anything more than a 1 to 5 % performance impact, stated by the devs.

If anyone has any links I'd be interested but so far it seems more like a case of we hate drm so that must be the problem. Until someone cracks the drm there's no way to run it without out it to see it's impact.

Anyway, I'm running it on

3770k@5ghz
Dual nvidia titans
16Gb ram
SSD
Win 8.1.

So it would seem to require a decent computer to run max settings @ 1080p.

There is a built in benchmark under extras tab. So you can fiddle with the setting to get the fps you want without have to check in game which is nice.

On a side note auto complete is very useful and infuriating all at the same time.

Nice rig.......

So this is one of those "If it works well for me, it must well for everyone" posts?

Or are you Bioware #1 fan?

I'm saying that most of the people complaining don't want to learn to play the game.

Space is not pause in DAI like in the previous DA games. It's jump. These people go on the forums crying about it instead of going in the keybinding menu to rebind the key. Default keybinding is not standard to previous BioWare games, but it takes less than a minute to rebind stuff.

People are complaining that you need to hold down the right mouse button in 3rd person to move the camera except that you have to do that in DAO and DA2 if you didn't move using point&click.

People are saying you can't pan the tactical camera with the mouse except that you can (that's how I use it and I didn't change anything for the tactical camera except switching Q/E and A/D). People claim the tactical camera is too fast, yet there is an option to adjust the sensitivity in the menu. The zoom not going farther enough and the center-on-character bug are valid though, but manageable.

People are complaining that there is no auto-attack, except that there is either via hold a key in action mode or always present in tactical mode which can run unpaused.

People are complaining that there is no auto-run to lootable. I fail to see how this is such a huge issue when lots of RPGs don't have that feature.

I'm saying that most of the people complaining don't want to learn to play the game…

toofar.gif

- Most of the people are complaining on inability to rebind mouse.
- Most of the people are complaining on horrible inventory system after bonanza in Divinity:OS
- Most of the people are complaining on performance problems (said in previous post: Crashes, blackscreens, lockups, stutters and freezes are caused by poor QA and betatesting phase)
- Most of the people are complaining on Origin problems (update deadlock on soundtrack, no DLC items, game won't install or start because Origin prevents it, msvct100.dll missing from vcredist 2010 SP1 and it's not needed by the game but by Origin client, etc)

Have you checked EA answers HQ for DA3? After just one day there are more than 30 pages on different problems, and I have yet to see at least one about keyboard mapping.

Which RPGs that support click to move don't have that?
People that complain are DAO fans and want DAO controls, it is easy as that. Bioware ignored them when making the game so they now deserve all the flak they get.

Well... Microsoft tried to impress PC users with phone UI, we all saw where it got them.

toofar.gif

- Most of the people are complaining on inability to rebind mouse.
- Most of the people are complaining on horrible inventory system after bonanza in Divinity:OS
- Most of the people are complaining on performance problems (said in previous post: Crashes, blackscreens, lockups, stutters and freezes are caused by poor QA and betatesting phase)
- Most of the people are complaining on Origin problems (update deadlock on soundtrack, no DLC items, game won't install or start because Origin prevents it, msvct100.dll missing from vcredist 2010 SP1 and it's not needed by the game but by Origin client, etc)

Have you checked EA answers HQ for DA3? After just one day there are more than 30 pages on different problems, and I have yet to see at least one about keyboard mapping.

I'm talking about the BSN forums and people there are complaining about the PC controls. I never said the game had no problems at all.

Lol that description of respawn sounds terrible. Combat against trash already seemed boring enough, not need to give more of those.

The odd thing another player now says there are no respawns anywhere at all.
A bug on one side? Or a bug on both?

Christ, it seems they postponed the game just to add bloody multiplayer instead of patchpolishing it further.
Seriously, I'm thinking on not to start playing on friday unless there is a fast patch, there are numerous quest/script/leveling/class/gender/voiceovers (nonperformance) problems reported, feels like I'm seeing Skyrim 2.
How is this even possible, I mean how come no reviewer mentioned any of these things, but it was raining 9s and 9.5s?

Alright, several hours in… I'm running an overclocked GTX 670 at 96hz on a 1440 res, and I'm getting occasional stutter with a few medium gfx settings ("optimized" by GeForce Experience). This is a fairly aged card now, which tells me my 16gb RAM and 6-core 3970x 3.5ghz processor are taking a lot of the burden. No real complaint here.

I'm also not really concerned about loading times, though if the high-SSD wear DRM is accurate, I am concerned.

Although I am really enjoying DAI, it is Star Wars: The Old Republic in a fantasy setting. It feels the same, plays the same, yet without more control via my mouse, combat is… a mess that I just haven't gotten used to yet. I've tried tactical, which is great for larger/boss battles, but is just too tedious for every mob you meet. I have gotten into a bad habit of holding down the right mouse button to look around, but that causes problems in combat. I'm unable to sprint for some reason. I could go on, but…

The bottom line is that everything about this game blows DA2 out of the water, but the combat is almost something I don't look forward to anymore— and that's bad. If EA can release a mouse patch or something soon, I can keymap many of these problems away, but it's not a game-breaker for me.

I will add that I've read many of the negative comments at various sites, and while many share my combat issues or have valid technical/performance issues, most seem to just go on about how this game doesn't compare to this or that. Some are just negative comments without any real suggestion they even played the game, which is weird. It's almost like there's an organized group of spammers out there with an agenda. I get folks want EA to fail at every turn, but… It's tough to not see how much content we're getting, and most of it is amazing frankly. This isn't your typical EA cash grab here.

Last edited:
Many thanks for the many comments posted here; particularly those sharing actual game experience and/or research on user experience.

I'm still trying to decide whether and/or when to purchase and if so, for how much.

A big factor for me is combat; specifically, to what extent does the player actually participate in the combat. I don't particularly care if the combat seems easy; but I do need to feel as though I'm actually part of the combat, as opposed to being a mere observer. I don't want to simply mash a button to initiate computer simulated combat; with my role after that being to watch the 'exciting' combat video. This type of thing was a big turn-off for me with DA2. I couldn't even finish the game. I wasn't engaged in the combat and ultimately found I wasn't engaged by the game.

Some comments I've seen here and elsewhere suggest combat engagement might be lacking in DA:I. I'd be grateful for comments regarding ppls experience here.

Thanks.

__

Many thanks for the many comments posted here; particularly those sharing actual game experience and/or research on user experience.

I'm still trying to decide whether and/or when to purchase and if so, for how much.

A big factor for me is combat; specifically, to what extent does the player actually participate in the combat. I don't particularly care if the combat seems easy; but I do need to feel as though I'm actually part of the combat, as opposed to being a mere observer. I don't want to simply mash a button to initiate computer simulated combat; with my role after that being to watch the 'exciting' combat video. This type of thing was a big turn-off for me with DA2. I couldn't even finish the game. I wasn't engaged in the combat and ultimately found I wasn't engaged by the game.

Some comments I've seen here and elsewhere suggest combat engagement might be lacking in DA:I. I'd be grateful for comments regarding ppls experience here.

It's a 3rd person game with a party, so don't expect a solo 1st person immersion.

Saying that, action mode is action mode:
- auto-attack require holding a key otherwise it's 1 click = 1 swing of weapon like in action games.
- you need to move your character with WASD to run to enemies and hit them (no auto-running after enemies in action mode after targeting somethings).
- some skills are active toggles in action mode (ex Shield Wall behave like an active block in action mode).

Tactical Mode or using pausing to issue orders is more "give orders and watch results".

From my limited testing (aka 10 hours, 5 of which from the prologue for testing classes) Tank is the most involved role, followed by the other melee (DPS Warrior and DW Rogue).

Back
Top Bottom