Frayed Knights - RPGCodex Extravagant Preview

Are you sure? On September 14 they had said that they had not even discussed it with Steam.

He said it would be released on his own site first, and he would pursue other options after release, IIRC.

Well here is their post from 2 weeks ago

"Steam?
We haven't discussed this with Steam yet. So - no, at least not initially. Will it eventually be on Steam? Who knows. It'll be up to them, not me. "

So it doesn't sound like Steam rejected them, it sounds like they decided to keep their game in house for now.

I was responding to Corwin not Ghan.

Anyway my original point in brinigng this up was that I'm curious if price played a part in their decision not to sell on Steam. I guess we will find out soon when we see what they are charging.

I was responding to Corwin not Ghan.

Anyway my original point in brinigng this up was that I'm curious if price played a part in their decision not to sell on Steam. I guess we will find out soon when we see what they are charging.

$22.95. Yes, that would probably be too high on steam. But I doubt thats the reason. He has his own indie web store for a long time now, so its only natural that he sells it there first.

Yeah that's higher then he could charge on Steam, but not by any large margin. I'd still much prefer that it was on Steam for convenience reasons, but I will give it a try either way.

Actually a lot of indie games can and do charge that much on Steam, but they really do try to talk you down from what I've heard. For Steam, it's a win / win... whether they sell 4 games for $5 or 1 game for $20, it's basically free money for their percentage.

Anyway, I've sent emails & signed up for other distributors. Haven't heard anything back yet. If it happens, it happens. If not, it doesn't. I'm not depending upon a third party.

What I *would* love to see... maybe down the road a ways when FK 2 is ready to ship... is a "Humble RPG Bundle." There are a lot of great indie RPGs out there... some kinda quirky and weird but still a lot of fun to play.

Talk to some of the devs for the games you have on your site. I'm sure some of them would like to join you in the Humble RPG Bundle. Especially games like Legie. Your site is the only one that I know of that has even mentioned that game before, let alone is selling it.

Back
Top Bottom