Venetica - Making Of Video, Part 2

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
After three month we now get to see part 2 in the Making of Venetica series. In this second part Felix Haas talks about gondolas and canals and what you can do with them in the game.
Thanks PrinceOfDeath.​
More information.

Ooh Swimming to reach secret locations ! Do people actually do that anymore ?!

(The sarcasm ofcourse was directed to Risen and Arcania).

I love how people want realism in terms of swimming, but still accept swimming in plate armor (i.e Gothic 2).

I don't really care about swimming, as long as there's no river that takes a good 10 minutes to get across because I have to find a bridge..

I love how people want realism in terms of swimming, but still accept swimming in plate armor (i.e Gothic 2).

I don't really care about swimming, as long as there's no river that takes a good 10 minutes to get across because I have to find a bridge..

I think you misunderstand.

I certainly don't want swimming because it's realistic. I'm just fascinated by exploration and the more ways I can explore, the better.

Underwater exploration in particular, is fascinating to me - and it's one of the most underused ways of exploring in games.

Why do you think Bioshock worked so well for so many people? :)

I didn't know one could swim in Bioshock.

Risen has something different instead of swimming that allows you to go to areas you can otherwise not get to. That could be just as cool as swimming.

I didn't know one could swim in Bioshock.

You can, but that wasn't the point.

The point is that underwater exploration is fascinating to many people.

Without the ability to swim, you'll find underwater exploration hard to realise.

Probably shapeshifting magic - turn into a small, flying creature and explore places that can't be reached otherwise, or something similar. That's my guess at least.

Yup, I would guess the same.

Didn't they show us a vid when the player shapeshifted in a small crustachean in order
to overcome some traps, same as transforming to a meatbug. Could be they added
areas accessible only that way...

They did that in Gothic, so it's likely to be the case.

I'd still love to explore underwater cities or sunken ships, though ;)

Anyone else remember the underwater levels in Black Crypt? Those were the days ;)

Back
Top Bottom