Obsidian Entertainment - XBLA Title "first quarter next year"

Dhruin

SasqWatch
In one of the interviews from the recent Obsidian press event, Feargus Urquhart reveals they have a new IP they will be releasing on XBL early next year. From the interview at Game Revolution:
GR: Do you see another sequel, licensed game, or an original title coming out of Obsidian after DS3?

FU: There's nothing that's been moved forward, but we'd love to develop Dungeon Siege 4. On the flip side I think as a studio we have some original ideas and stories to tell. We have a great idea for a new world we've just started pitching to publishers and we have an older pitch that we really like called "Defiance" which is about a fantasy world where, basically, Sauron won. Everything isn't happy in The Shire, they didn't get the ring in the fire and the hobbits are all dead. We think that's a cool pitch and we hope to have a publisher pick that up at some point.

We're also working on an original IP XBLA game. so that hopefully will be out first quarter next year.
More information.

Will never buy an XBOX !!! Do own a PS3 for Demon Souls though. Waiting for Dark Souls . The right way to make a RPG for consoles.

...and we have an older pitch that we really like called "Defiance" which is about a fantasy world where, basically, Sauron won. Everything isn't happy in The Shire, they didn't get the ring in the fire and the hobbits are all dead. We think that's a cool pitch and we hope to have a publisher pick that up at some point.

waiting for that pitch to be quoted in a court of law when the Tolkien family inevitably sues.

Sounds to me rather as a consequent continuation of the "dark & grirtty" fashion in gaming right now ...

XBLA?

Facebook up next, I guess :)

Have Obsidian become a factory - or have they grown immensely in the past few years? I think I've heard about 4-5 titles in the works over there in recent months.

do they have enough people to work on all these games?
they seem to be hiring all the time though and still talking about a "small company" feel.

When I read "xbla", then I think of it like that : "x bla" ... ;)

Back
Top Bottom