Dragon Age - Review @ GameInformer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The first online review for Dragon Age is up at the GameInformer site. It's not a lengthy article but the score speaks loudly, with 9/10 awarded. Here's a sample:
While some time is spent exploring and conversing, the biggest thrills in Dragon Age are found in combat. This is no breezy hack ‘n slash affair; the best encounters feel like puzzles, forcing you to use your resources wisely and make calculated decisions on the path to victory. Which enemy poses the largest threat? How do you stem the tide of oncoming skeletons? Can your tank stand in the middle of your mage’s electrical storm long enough to take down the ogre? Your answers to these questions change depending on your party members and their skills, leaving some space for experimentation. Almost every fight can kill you if you aren’t focused, but the satisfaction of standing in the midst of your slaughtered foes after a well-fought battle makes it all worthwhile.
More information.

Oh, that makes me so very happy. :biggrin:

Cool, I didn't even know the game was finished. I'll take that review with a grain of salt though, GameInformer is very mainstream.

Wow, it's already out(at least for press). Gotta hurry up my Risen walkthrough.

I believe that the PC version has been finished for quite some time, while the delay was because of the console editions, so I believe a lot of the press reviewers already have their copy. I think this is the second review as the first one was from a Polish journalist.

I believe that the PC version has been finished for quite some time, while the delay was because of the console editions, so I believe a lot of the press reviewers already have their copy. I think this is the second review as the first one was from a Polish journalist.

Well, the game was finished like 9 months ago (they may have fixed a bug here and there since then). It was just waiting for the console versions to be done

I find it funny that there are accepted user reviews when the game hasn't been out yet (and they say in their 'review' that they haven't played it yet).

Well, the game was finished like 9 months ago (they may have fixed a bug here and there since then). It was just waiting for the console versions to be done

Probably not correct. At the GC event they said more than 60 quests have been added to the PC version due to the console versions.
I guess they kept working on the PC version with low priority.

That is correct, Gorath, from a developer that posted on QT3:

Responding to the wide spread myth of Bioware "sitting" on a finished PC version of the game said:
Yeah, I have been saying that a lot on a few different sites. It made me a little crazy late at night, waiting for a PC build to update and reading comments stating "it is done and on a shelf somewhere and they are just holding it for the console launch." That rumor was really out of control.

wolfing: you might want to check out the DA:O review thread here at the watch. Desslock has posted a lot of promising info on DA:O.

Back
Top Bottom