DA:O How change hair and voice of a character?

Dragon Age: Origins

Dasale

SasqWatch
Is there any way to change hair and voices of a character, not during the creation. Well hair doesn't matter a lot but the voice I chose start irritate me, not really the voice but the constant whining! :biggrin:

Well ok I think I found an ok way, the xml file in BioWare\Dragon Age\Characters\ACharacter\ACharacter.xml.

Easy to edit, and the voice is obviously the value of SoundSet. I won't care much for hairs.

EDIT: Woo that's that simple to cheat?

You can also use the Dragon Age Toolset for that. Open a savegame (*.das), navigate to SAVEGAMES_PLAYERCHAR and near the bottom should be an entry "SAVEGAME_PLAYER_SOUNDSET". Change the string to one of the names found in Dragon Age\packages\core\audio\vo\en-us\vo\ss_pc_*

For instance, the entry for my rogue was "ss_pc_felf_wise" for a female, wise elf.

Not sure about the hair, I assume it's in SAVEGAME_APPEARANCE, maybe ORIGINAL_TYPE? But I guess it would change more than just the hairdo.

I found a post mentioning SAVEGAME_PLAYERCHAR \ SAVEGAME_PLAYERCHAR_CHAR \ SAVEGAME_PLAYER_MORPH to find with the toolset to change the whole model. And get values from a new game with the new model.

Alas I haven't the toolset and that bore me to install it just for a custom appearance. I mean it's nice to be able do it but well it won't change much my gameplay enjoyment unlike the PC talks.

You can also use the Dragon Age Toolset for that. Open a savegame (*.das), navigate to SAVEGAMES_PLAYERCHAR and near the bottom should be an entry "SAVEGAME_PLAYER_SOUNDSET". Change the string to one of the names found in Dragon Age\packages\core\audio\vo\en-us\vo\ss_pc_*

For instance, the entry for my rogue was "ss_pc_felf_wise" for a female, wise elf.

Not sure about the hair, I assume it's in SAVEGAME_APPEARANCE, maybe ORIGINAL_TYPE? But I guess it would change more than just the hairdo.
Don't know for hairs but for voice the toolset seems required, editing the xml I quoted seems change nothing.

The toolset is a monster to install, but at least I could change the voice as you describe. When editing the save game I got some warning about shared reference that won't be kept. I hope there will be no side effects.

Back
Top Bottom