EA - Lord of Ultima Released

This sounds - conspiracy theory - like crippled talent by EA.

It sounds to me as if someone at EA sees Phenomic as a convenient tool to do games with their aquired franchises - nothing more, nothing less.

If this is true, then this "forced waste of talent" is a very deep hint towards the way of thinking at EA.

Phenomic's last game Battleforge was already a free to play game, just with a retail release first. FtP / browser / MTX MMO things are the few areas in which German developers are market leaders. It's logical for EA to let Phenomic explore this territory - Germany is a cheaper place for game development than NA and enough experienced work force in this rather new segment is available.

Hmm... so you're saying that this is the game Phenomic wanted to make anyway and that EA just acquired them to grow their presence in that market? If that's the case, perhaps more interesting things are in store for the game. As it stands now, it's pure vanilla.

EA bought them after they had pitched Battleforge.

Edit:
I don't know whether this is a game Phenomic wanted to make. All I can say is that the Phenomic founder(s) were the creators of the Settlers series. Bringing similar gameplay into the browser sounds like a logical idea if they're on the browser game track.

Back
Top Bottom