Diablo III: ROS - Preview @ Eurogamer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Eurogamer has a new preview of Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls adventure mode.

I've had access to the beta test for Diablo 3's first expansion, Reaper of Souls, for over a week now, yet I've barely touched the new fifth Act in the campaign and only scratched the surface of the Crusader class. The reason? Adventure mode, which is absolutely the best and biggest addition in an expansion which changes almost everything. It's nothing less than a new way to play the game.

Adventure mode is different every time you log in to Diablo 3, offering randomised bounties spread across the entirety of the game's campaign: these might be to hunt down a rare monster, kill a boss (which might have different attack patterns), clean out a dungeon or run a special event. Monster locations have been switched around, while some areas appear at different times of day and under different weather conditions. You earn loot bags and a special gambling currency for completing bounties - and also pick up keys to Nephalem Rifts, which are special, entirely randomised dungeons that mix up tile sets and monsters from across the entire game.

To see a bounty and a Nephalem Rift in action, and hear more of my thoughts on this brilliant new mode, check out the Let's Play video below.
More information.

Last edited:
Nephalem Rifts are a concept that sounds like it was ripped out of Torchlight. I think some of this new stuff does appeal to me but after years of making these type of games, you think Blizzard could at least put a decent scrolling camera view in the game.
Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom