Matt Chat - Anachronox Retrospective

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Matt Chatt posted a new video retrospective for Anachronox on his YouTube channel this week. This is one game I love to re-install and replay every year.

More information.

Last edited:
WARNING: This film contains graphic scenes of discussion about sexism in games from the outset. Viewer discretion is advised, particularly for those likely to suffer a seizure.

:glomp:

It seems the wrong video has loaded. I hate the new Youtube update that happened when I was gone. I had three problems already today with it.

Welcome back, by the way.

Welcome back, Couch. I probably should have played this game way back when.
I bought it on GOG, and found gameplay really annoying, despite the interesting characters. I forced myself through 8 hours before quitting.

I played this game many years back after seeing it in a list of the most underrated games (along with games like Gothic and Grim Fandango, which I also then played and loved). It took me a very long time to get into it, and I almost quite a good number of times before I started to enjoy it. I think the first few sections of the game really drag, quite badly in fact, and it's not until later on that it really starts to shine. The game is flawed classic, though you really need to stick with it to experience that.

Anachronox is #1 underrated game of all time.

Sorry, but it's not.
It does have console/phone endless mobrespawns (on area transition), thus is flawed. Today it has badly outdated graphics. But everything else is still top notch. I've even tried for years to find Drunken Monkey album with Stilleto dance song, no dice.
I can't remember now if it has savegames or checkpoints, my memory is fading lately.

Some say it's problem is a slow start, honestly I'd play such slow starts that turn into a spectacle any day instead of modern mediocrity with awsome introduction, the rest sux.

Aww Anachronox, I have very fond memories of this. It was a true pearl of a game, and it was a real letdown it never continued. So many opportunities lost, while so much shit continues.

Back
Top Bottom