D:OS Dialogs: Speaker and AI personalities

Divinity: Original Sin

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
So I just started to play and have some questions concerning the dialogs. What I want is to play this game as a classical single player game, where I control one character (Roderick) and the companions act on their own (concerning dialogs), including the Scarlett.

So I set Roderick's personality to "No AI" and Scarlett's to "Free Spirit". So Roderick is supposed be my main char who I chose the dialog options for.

But when I had a dialog now (with the 2 drunken guards at the beach), Scarlett was the one who initally talked to them and I needed to select dialog options for her. Why that?

What do I need to do that I can play this game as I want to?

Well, the No AI and Free Spirit options only affect conversations where the second character might have an opinion, so you choose what Roderick wants and Scarlett will pick up her choice automatically but in general gameplay you still have two main characters. You can minimize having interactions starting with the second character by moving it to the rear of the marching order if you have companions. If you only have the two of them it might be more difficult to control.

Yeah, I've figured that out last night.

But it seems that it still doesn't work as intended. I had (at least) 2 dialogs where I had to chose dialog options for Scarlett as well although Roderick was the actual speaker. It have both been opinion-dialogs.
First one was when I wanted to take Bairdotr with me. Second one was after I visited the murder scene in tavern in Cyseal, where Roderick initiated a dialog with Mandora (which is in my party).

Last edited:
For me it looks there are still issues with the AI personalities. As there has been the issue of disappearing personalities, I want to check which personality my Scarlett actually has. Is there some way to check it, by a console command or something? I can't find it in the character sheet.

I think that is something wrong, because my Scarlett ("Free Spirit") choses altering dialog options.
For example after confronting Shereth in the Kings Crab tavern with Roderick (No AI), I chose to kill her whereupon Scarlett agreed. During the fight I reloaded as I wanted to try another strategy. After the reload when Rodericks says he wants to kill Shereth, Scarlett now disagreed and I needed to do the RPS game.

It shouldn't work like this, should it? As far as I understood, for each personality there should be fixed answers in each dialog. Or is there still some randomness involved?
Is there some kind of official information by Larian how the personalities should actually work or is it just guessed by the community?

As far as I know there is no way to check what personality you chose during character creation once you start the game. There might be some information hidden somewhere in the save files, but I've never checked.

As for Free Spirit, if I remember correctly it's supposed to be the opposite of whatever the other character chose. It might be a glitch due to reloading, but that's just a wild guess from me.

As far as I know that was just a bug where there falsely have been two separate personalities "Free" and "Spirit" and the first one just selected random options.

Back
Top Bottom