Age of Decadence - Release Date & New Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Age of Decadence developer Vince posted news about the games release date.

The towns take a lot of work due to the insane amount of scripting (and Ganezzar has a lot more due to all the accumulated choices - are you Antidas' praetor or Gaelius' ? As Antidas' praetor, did you ruin House Aurelian or not? If you ruined it, then there is no siege and Meru's free to do whatever he wants. Did you destroy Maadoran, by any chance? Etc.), so once it's done and released, we'll be almost there.

The endgame locations won't take more than 3 months, so if we release Ganezzar in December, we can wrap up the game in March 2015.
He also posted the next monthly game update for Age of Decadence.

Our October update is a bit late but as you all know, better late than never is a principle we live by. The Steam build will be updated tonight - a bunch of tweaks and fixes, but no new content as Ganezzar remains our top and only priority at the moment.

So what’s taking so long, you ask?

A lot of scripting, which often takes time to figure out. It’s kind of like a puzzle. When you have tightly interwoven questlines, you often don’t have much room because what you can do in the remaining ‘quest space’ is limited by the events established by other questlines.
More information.

I love this game and can't wait for the gold version in Marsh !
Too bad they didn't say anything about their next project because I would have liked to know (since I also love their other game Dead State I guess their next project will certainly be also a good one).

Too bad they didn't say anything about their next project because I would have liked to know
This:
At the moment, we're planning to make a party-based dungeon crawler set in one of the prison mines (that Dellar mentioned) and then start working on a colony ship, sci-fi game. The so-called "generation ship" genre.

Now that's brilliant news! I'm so happy that their mega project will be finally completed. 2015 looks like a very busy year - Witcher 3, Age of Decadence, Pillars of Eternity and more...

I am hoping Age of Decadence keeps selling for years to come. Like the spiderweb games. It seems unique enough that it could have that kind of legs. I realize it took a long time, but I think it will be worth it. Probably one I will buy on day one and not play until I finish a few on my backlog.
Definitely a cornucopia of games available lately and all to our tastes!
Hmmmm what I just said, I guess I will buy the game on Thanksgiving.
And while I am on that subject I will give thank for the plenty that is our current RPG selection.
I ramble.....:thinking:

And while I am on that subject I will give thank for the plenty that is our current RPG selection.
I ramble…..:thinking:

I think that's spot on. I'm thankful there are so many RPGs around that there are sveral that are truly in my wheelhouse…like this one. Already bought it and looking forward to playing the full release.

Even bought an ITS mousepad to replace my 10-year-old one that was falling apart. :p

EDIT: The generation ship sounds like it could be a very interesting setting.

Last edited:
Vince and his team sure are taking their own sweet time, but I always thought it was understandable for a few guys spread over the world who do this part time. Finally it will come to an end.

Unsure about wether to play this extensively yet, but I dived in a bit and it sure delivers. This is what single character exploration games should look like. I'll take it over any TES game any day.

Did they tone down combat at all ? When I tried the demo it was excessively brutal and when I read the steam reviews (even new ones in oct) that is the #1 complaint. Yes combat should be avoided but sometime it cannot be avoided...

Did they tone down combat at all ? When I tried the demo it was excessively brutal and when I read the steam reviews (even new ones in oct) that is the #1 complaint. Yes combat should be avoided but sometime it cannot be avoided…

From what I've played I definitely would suggest playing a character that is combat ready first and anything else second. They give it away by giving every character combat and non-combat skill points though; IOW they let you know you won't get away with dumping all your points into Alchemy.

No, it's the opposite. You can play as a merchant and not go into any fight for the whole game.
Try not to mix up points, hybrids are hard.

Play as a fighter or a talker, not both.

Does the option to run away always succeed? I don't really remember it being that way... but maybe that had something to do with me starting out as a mercenary?

No, not always, depends on your skills. And it's not always running away. There are many ways to solve questlines, before you even get to a combat sequence.

Mercenary starts the game in a fight, a difficult one at that, but can decide to leave it alone... So playing with a hybrid mercenary talker, and trying that fight is very difficult.

I see. Either way, the point is brought across pretty well. On my first time I managed to win that fight with only a little damage, but I was apprehended by 3 thugs right afterwards... and ran. I decided I had received enough loot and experience. Not a lot of games make you consider consequences like that. :)

Back
Top Bottom