Drakensang:RoT Temple Puzzle

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
Staff Member
Ok, I'm at the bottom of the temple and I've done the puzzle with all the sliding pieces. I don't have a piece to place in the final square (haven't found one at least) but nothing happened when I completed the rest of the picture and I can't proceed. What have I missed and where?

Have you looked into your "quest bag" ?

You should have already found the missing piece, U assume … As far as I remember it is found together (?) with the key of the temple … So you should have it already … ?

Edit : I looked into the Wiki and it says you get the final, missing piece from the Water Dragon …

And when you are there : Make sure to carefully "scan" the Water Dragon's hoard ! There are a lot of items … And I managed to overlook one or two when I was there in my first play-through …

And - after finishing the puzzle : Make also sure to save the game ...

hmm, I guess it is time for me to go to lunch.... I read this as temple pizza......

I haven't found the water dragon and there is nowhere else I'm able to go??

I think you get the location of the water dragon somewhere in Hammerberg.

Yeah I think that's right. I'm pretty sure someone right along the dock comes right out and tells you about it. The location pretty much fell in my lap -- it wasn't a hard secret to find. Go to Hammerberg and start talking to everyone.

Plus, if you talk to the female healer before going to the Water Dragon, then there'll be a few bits more about it ...

I'm in Hammer and no-one has mentioned the Water Dragon. Are you sure that is the right place?

It took me ages to find that dragon. I did not realize I had to look on the map that I used to chose my destinations.

Anyway, that doesn't seem to be your problem, Corwin. I think the answers can be found here.

Thanks Omega, I'll Follow up on that.

Virumor there (follow the link) has the right answer, if I remember correctly.
He's also active in the official forums, by the way ... ;)

Which is (to me) just another sign that talking is essential in this game …

I easily found the Dragon, now I just have to find the best strategy to kill it!! :)

Don't come too close to it !

Only two chars use ranged weapons, or even have any!! :) I've been hanging around with Dte too long; He's got me using pointy sticks again!! :D

:lol:

You could try using ointment against fire ... I think Auralia has something like that ...
Plus : Keep moving !

Anything fire-related might be good as well ... But I don't know about the Water Dragon's resistances against fire.

Regarding ranged weapons : You can build your own specialized arrows and ... what's the word ? We say "Bolzen" for the "arrows" of crossbows ... dict.leo.org translates that into several words, "spikes", for example, and I don't know whicjh one is right ?
Well, anyway, you can build poison arrows, fire arrows and arrows with additional damage - and that for crossbows, too !

Additionally you can use "debuff"-spells on the Water Dragon ... the "LIghtning Find You!" is the most basic of these spells - one that imho *any* person capable of magic should have !

Ointment of fire, or fire salve or fire balm… can't remember what it's called. I put that on Forgrimm and had him attack with the axe. Then stand as far back as possible and shoot fire arrows or poison arrows at it. I had Cano (Cuano) shoot at it with the star scatter also, and his debuff/curse ability (can't remember what that's called either). It goes down pretty quickly. The fire salve is easy to make and I think you make like 5 at a time… so just make a bunch of it before heading out.

Alrik- the word in English is "bolt"

Ah - thanks ! :) Now I remember again ! :lol:

This was - by the way - almost exactly my own method, the approach you described.

Back
Top Bottom