Fox News to the rescue of News Corp!

hishadow

Level N+1
Haha. The republican propaganda machine is finally spinning up (via Guardian). They have remained fairly silent until now. Don't think you can blame the people employed though. They're only follow orders from … News Corp.

On a side note, it'll be interesting to see where the inquiry into illegal surveillance in relation to terror attacks will lead.

Last edited:
Oh, I really hope the FBI finds quite a bit of unpleasantness on behalf of News Corp. I would be quite, quite pleased.

I am absolutely not a fan of FoxNews, but they have reported, on their website anyway, the troubles with their parent company in a reasonable way, IMO.

Regardless, there is no indication that FoxNews has anything to do with any of it. We should remember that the US probe refers to allegations that NewsCorp BRITISH papers may have tapped communications in the US.

I am absolutely not a fan of FoxNews, but they have reported, on their website anyway, the troubles with their parent company in a reasonable way, IMO.

Regardless, there is no indication that FoxNews has anything to do with any of it. We should remember that the US probe refers to allegations that NewsCorp BRITISH papers may have tapped communications in the US.
That is not really the issue I trying bring forward but more its parent company editorial.

Last edited:
Very interesting. Has anyone seen a recent Rupert Murdoch interview? He comes off as crazed megalomaniac. Looking forward to hearing the results of the FBI invesitgation. I would be surprised if we don't see some high government officials be exposed for corruption here in the States.

Very interesting. Has anyone seen a recent Rupert Murdoch interview? He comes off as crazed megalomaniac.

I personally believe that Rupert Murdoch was the inspiration for Elliot Carver in Tomorrow Never Dies...

Single persons who drive giant conglomerates ... This always makes me shudder.

Bill Gates
Rupert Murchoch
Dictators ...

In the end, it all comes down to the wish for power. And money, maybe, but since in our "western society" money = power, this is about power anyway.

It it so that power-hungry people are those who built up these Monopolies ? Or Oligarchies ?

I do begin to wonder whether this is good for societies - to let power-hungry people amass as much power as they intend to - with the result that they can do - in the end - what they want. Stalin & Hitler come to my mind.

Ironically, both money and power are illusions that seem real because we allow them to.

Single persons who drive giant conglomerates … This always makes me shudder.

Bill Gates
Rupert Murchoch
Dictators …
You forgot the prime example, Silvio Berlusconi. Murdoch is a little bit different, since he acts more as a middle-man, schemeing with aspiring politicians like in the UK, getting deals in exchange for coverage and backing in his news outlets, which is not how media should work, and the reason we have strict ownership rules. His UK dealings should definitely be a warning sign for the US.

A question to our US residents: Which news outlets do you regard as having high integrity?

Last edited:
American? WaPo and NYT. I rank BBC and al-Jazeera as better.

US media has given away their "observer" status in favor of being participants. Whether it's the right lean of Fox or the left bias of the rest of the mainstream, neither side reports anymore. They package.

I find it easiest to try to grab sources from each fringe. It's much easier to know that "reality" will be to the left of the Daily Caller and far to the right of HuffPo versus grabbing something supposedly from the middle and having to guess which way the slant tilts. For basic facts, I still stick with AP reports.

Actually the whole media is slanted to right and has been getting further right for years since the Reagan empire. Fox News, Daily Caller, and their ilk are extremists.

Actually the whole media is slanted to right and has been getting further right for years since the Reagan empire. Fox News, Daily Caller, and their ilk are extremists.
But then you also got Keith Olbermann and Huffington Post. First time I saw Olbermann I thought it was some kind of satire ala Comedy Central. Not that they're comparably to News Corp in any way.

Isn't media integrity something of an oxymoron? It's all about money, not information!!

But then you also got Keith Olbermann and Huffington Post. First time I saw Olbermann I thought it was some kind of satire ala Comedy Central. Not that they're comparably to News Corp in any way.

Well, that's the biggest problem. "Media" does not equate to journalism. Obermann's show was just as obnoxious as Beck's show, and both were designed to entertain. As long as a large percentage of voters cannot distinguish between journalism and entertainment, the electorate will fall victim to the opinion shapers.

The news presentation at Fox News, as opposed to the entertainment at Fox News, really isn't that bad. Fox News leans right by story selection, just as MSNBC leans left for the same reason.

Back
Top Bottom