What games are you playing now?

Hehe, xSamhainx, I had the same a couple of nights ago when I went fishing, my favorite being a cheese-shaped helmet :D

I finished NWN2. I felt lukewarm over the beginning, loved the middle, loathed the ending.
I literally cried in frustration at the end thanks to the horrible gameplay and horrible ending storywise :(

So I installed Icewind Dale 1 (which I've never played before) and recreated a party of my favorite NWN2 companions to continue their story there ;)

Playing a lot of Civ iv lately. Currently I am as an epic Persia during the 19th century.

Hehe, xSamhainx, I had the same a couple of nights ago when I went fishing, my favorite being a cheese-shaped helmet :D

I finished NWN2. I felt lukewarm over the beginning, loved the middle, loathed the ending.
I literally cried in frustration at the end thanks to the horrible gameplay and horrible ending storywise :(

So I installed Icewind Dale 1 (which I've never played before) and recreated a party of my favorite NWN2 companions to continue their story there ;)

Hope you enjoy IWD, Sorcha-it's my favorite dnd style game. No romances or talking amongst the party, tho. But the gameplay is solid.
I am appalled at the NWN2 ending thing--I am much more happy with this game than I would have believed possible--but I'm barely into the Neverwinter part. Argh! It figures.:(

I played IWd2 before (never finished it though), the lack of conversation doesn't bother me (I make it up in my own head ;) ) (but not IWD1)
So far I find it quite hard, but fun. The music is so beautiful, and I'd forgotten how pretty those hand-painted backgrounds in the infinity engine are.

Have you seen the 'NWN2 ending" poll up in the spoiler forum? opinions seem to be devided about the ending, so it might be a personal thing. I supose I do tend to get attached to well writen characters, and letting go at the end is a hard thing to do. I'm the same with TV series, I get attached to the characters and hate it when good series end ;)

Last edited:
I don't mind characters dying at the end if it works--that is, strengthens the game experience as in Planescape Torment--but I also get attached to my characters-that's the point, right?--so if it's a futile or unjustified death then that would blow it for me. (Not reading that thread at the moment to keep objective.)
I never finished IWD2 either. (It kind of fell apart and just kept repeating itself after awhile) The combat style in both is quite a change from NWN2 but once you get used to it, IMO it actually gives you a lot more options.
@Samhain--you mean NWN1 or 2? Cause for me the ending of NWN1 was chapter one. And that wsa horrible enough!:)

Last edited:
Final Fantasy VII for the first time since the release. To me the game has not lost any of it's charms.

Cheers! :)
But... wow, the release was quite a few years ago! The less of the game you remember the more entertaining it must be to play it after all this time. I wouldn't know, I've been playing FF VII once a year, on average. And I think that time is coming again, soon.

What system specifications are you running it on? It's more and more difficult to get it run properly, nowadays. I remember the last time I played it, I had to download like five patches! : \

I'm currently replaying

-Super Bomberman 2
-Eye of the Beholder 2
-Shadowcaster (not 2, but I wish there was a second part)
-Super Mario Brothers 2.

All these games jumped between me and my current replay of Lands of Lore 2.

Daggerfall and Wiz6.
Next up, Ultima Underworld.

All hail DosBox! Cranky old gamers' best friend!

On the PC I've been mainly playing Silverfall, with little stints of GeneForge 4 and FastCrawl .

On the PSP, I 'finished' (as much as you can) Thrillville and Sid Meier's Pirates!, have played a bit of Snoopy vs. The Red Baron and am now getting into the jRPG Legend of Heroes III: The Song of the Ocean. I was surprised at how truly excellent Sid Meier's Pirates! is ... it is very much like the PC version and works perfect on the PSP!

I have just barely started Hotel Dusk: Room 215, a cool looking adventure game for the DS. It plays 'sideways' (you hold the DS like a book) and shows that adventure games are alive and well!

On the GBA, I am still battling through the dungeons of Mazes of Fate ... boy that is a nice little game ...

Oh, yes, just rub it in!!! :lol:

I seriously hope I'll be able to get hold of that one over here, else I'll have to import it. ;)

I read on another board that the publisher is only selling it through Ebay or Amazon.com. I also was interested in the game but since I'm prejudiced towards Ebay and Amazon.com doesnt ship games to Canada, I'm out of luck.

On the PC I've been mainly playing Silverfall, with little stints of GeneForge 4 and FastCrawl .

On the PSP, I 'finished' (as much as you can) Thrillville and Sid Meier's Pirates!, have played a bit of Snoopy vs. The Red Baron and am now getting into the jRPG Legend of Heroes III: The Song of the Ocean. I was surprised at how truly excellent Sid Meier's Pirates! is ... it is very much like the PC version and works perfect on the PSP!

I have just barely started Hotel Dusk: Room 215, a cool looking adventure game for the DS. It plays 'sideways' (you hold the DS like a book) and shows that adventure games are alive and well!

On the GBA, I am still battling through the dungeons of Mazes of Fate ... boy that is a nice little game ...

Man, youre unstoppable!

I'm just playing Fate, Silverfall demo, and Mavis Beacon teaches Typing (looking for an edge in my keyboarding class)

Im going to go back and complete everything one of these days, I think Im going to resolve to finish every game on my pc before I start another. Or something like that.

I read on another board that the publisher is only selling it through Ebay or Amazon.com. I also was interested in the game but since I'm prejudiced towards Ebay and Amazon.com doesnt ship games to Canada, I'm out of luck.
True enough - they were unable to get retail acceptance for the big game stores, as an indie publisher for the GBA. But it is the publisher selling through eBay, not some random goon ...

Or - I also saw one on Goozex today (the trading site) - they *do* support Canada and if you are interested, pop me a PM with your email and I can send you an invite.

I seriously hope I'll be able to get hold of that one over here, else I'll have to import it. ;)

Since they have not been able to get retail space ... it seems unlikely it will sell elsewhere ...

Or - I also saw one on Goozex today (the trading site) - they *do* support Canada and if you are interested, pop me a PM with your email and I can send you an invite.

Tempting, but I'll have to pass for now. I went overboard last month with books from amazon and what's left for entertainment is reserved for Europa Universalis 3. Thanks for the offer, though.

I the recent months I learned (as being a Star Wars collector ) how good international contacts can be. :)

still playing with Mavis Beacon. I dont have to look at the keyboard most times now. Of course, I type probably 10 wpm, but hey it's a start ='.'=

Back
Top Bottom