ES4: Shivering Isles - Preview @ 1Up

Dhruin

SasqWatch
1Up has re-printed a Shivering Isles preview that originally appeared in GFW #04. Here's a grab:
How big are the Shivering Isles? According to Nelson, Sheogorath's madcap realm adds roughly a quarter more real estate via its own pinched-off plane. "The realm of Oblivion comprises many different planes of existence--each of the Daedric Princes has his own," Nelson explains. "In Oblivion, the player was only able to explore one (Mehrunes Dagon's plane). The Shivering Isles is another plane belonging to Sheogorath." But where Dagon's plane was fragmented and often randomly generated, Sheogorath's Shivering Isles is one contiguous land mass. "It's a completely new world, with settlements, a major city (New Sheoth), large regions of wilderness, and many residents."
More information.

personally i've always hated this 'another plane' crap. how hard would it have been to have some big cataclysmic world even occurring and perhaps dropping the whole island into the main game world from the sky :) last i checked there was a lot of wasted ocean space in the main game.

'another plane' is such a cheap copout in my eyes. i prefer world continuity, not some stupid 'plane' hopping.

Travel between the Isle and the mainland will be seamless and you can go back and forth any time you like. I guess they did this "other plane" thing in order to explain the huge difference in landscape et. al. compared to Tamriel.

Gosh, for days now I've been playing with the thought of reinstalling Oblivion and finishing the main quest at last, but alas! I'm so snowed under I can hardly find the time to eat, let alone play PC games.

Fubar.

personally i've always hated this 'another plane' crap. how hard would it have been to have some big cataclysmic world even occurring and perhaps dropping the whole island into the main game world from the sky :) last i checked there was a lot of wasted ocean space in the main game.

Actually, there's almost no ocean area in the game.

http://www.oblivionsource.com/images/maps_oblivion/Oblivion_map_med_res_color.jpg

'another plane' is such a cheap copout in my eyes. i prefer world continuity, not some stupid 'plane' hopping.

Well, good for you. But the the background story of Oblivion is that there is plane hopping going on.

Bill, Bill, Bill, how dare you interrupt his vitriol with annoying little things like facts :) Last time araczynski checked the game must have been called Morrowind. He needs to check more often :biggrin:

Perhaps that is the person who wrote a review of Morrowind where there was 'no save game' feature.

Back
Top Bottom