Arcania - Demo & Release Dates

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
WoG published an interview with JoWooD's Community Manager Reinhard Pollice, who also happens to be the producer for Arcania: Gothic 4. An English translation should come within the next few days.
A demo will be made available at the end of September on both PC and XBox 360.
Release dates:

• Central Europe, North America, Australia: Oct. 12th
  • Russia, Poland, Eastern Europe: Q4
  • China: probably this year
  • Japan: tba
Thanks, turian!
More information.

Fingers crossed! I hope it's a good game and the PC version hopefully will allow modding and lots of customizing.

A demo would certainly be welcome,the game might look like a Two Worlds clone to me but I'm going to give it a chance just for being a AA game.

Last edited:
Ooh, good news, thanks.

Hey, it's even triple A:

ArcAniA

And I'm playing the demo first!

Demo first for me too.

This is a great move by them. They know there is a lot of apprehension about this game. So, they are allowing people to try it out before they buy it. It also might mean that the developers are confident in the game.

I think a demo is essential after their recent 'exploits'!! I might even await comments about the demo before considering a download.

A demo would be nice. Since this is not a Piranha Bytes game, it is not an automatic purchase for me, even if they call it "Gothic". Spellbound have not yet proven themselves in the open world RPG-genre. I'm hoping it will be good, though.

Kay

This is fantastic news indeed. I think Arcania (I refuse to use more than one capital letter) will be one of those games you'll have to play for yourself to find out whether you like it or not.

I think a demo is essential after their recent 'exploits'!! I might even await comments about the demo before considering a download.

I have almost the same thing in mind, Corwin. The demo will be downloaded, but at this point I'm not yet thinking about buying the game itself.
If I'm after playing the demo not yet sure, I will await the comments about the game itself first.

Nice, I'll be able to see if my older computer will be able to run the game. And if the game is any good too.
Maybe two worlds will also offer a demo, that would be sweet.

Haven't heard anything about a TW2 demo. Doubt it. They're in crunch time.

Back
Top Bottom