Drakensang Fountain Lever Puzzle

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
Staff Member
Is there any way to solve the fountain lever puzzle other than attempting the 64 odd possible combinations?

Look carefully, watch the steam.

Nothing I did seemed to make any noticeable difference to the steam coming from 2 levers, or the winch. Perhaps my eyesight is dimming with age!! :)

Here is the solution

The levers with the steam have to be set one way, the ones without in another way. Forgot the positions, but this should narrow your options down to two. This is all AFAIR. Let me know if it works.

I just tried every logically possibble combination and somehow managed it in the end when I was about to give up.

Finally it worked using your help, thanks, I don't have hours to waste at my age!! :)

Finally it worked using your help, thanks, I don't have hours to waste at my age!! :)

I didn't figure it out either, couldn't find any hints so I went brute force (luckily, I got it in attempt 20/64 I think)

Haha, I didn't know there were clues.. I always go brute force with these lever riddles. Just have to count in binary from 1 to 2^number of levers and you are set. No thinking involved, just time.

Last edited:
Yes, but at say 1 minute a lever, that's an hour of my life I would never get back!! At my age, those hours become precious!!:)

I *knew* there must be some pattern, but I didn't see it either! I just kept trying until I got it right... well, good to know anyway.

Yes, but at say 1 minute a lever, that's an hour of my life I would never get back!! At my age, those hours become precious!!:)

**starts to wonder how old the good man is....**

I just tried every logically possibble combination and somehow managed it in the end when I was about to give up.

That is exactly what worked for me - I was about to hit the forums when my combo suddenly worked - I was so frustrated at the time, I have no idea what the real solution was to the puzzle.

Last edited:
One minute to do 3 clicks? Woa then you are certainly very very old! :biggrin:

I also didn't found the trick and applied the brutal search, I'm old too but I click very fast so it didn't take long! :biggrin:

Ah, but after the clicks you have the animation and then the conversation, so it takes about a minute per try!! :)

You don't need wait the animation, it's 3 clicks, well in fact 4 if you reset a lever and that's quite fast, one minute is very very long. I made a quick try and it's about 6 attempt in 30 seconds so let say 10 in one minute.

For the trick given here, the more funny is that I looked like crazy knowing there's a visual hint and just quote nothing until I read the spoil! :biggrin:

EDIT: And if I'm not wrong there's 2 power 5 possible combination, so 32. It's in Dungeon Lords, you had in a dugeon 4 switches, I search hours where was the hint, like a message somewhere in the dungeon, I knew brutal force wasn't long but I was trying to solve the puzzle, when I read you had to use the brutal force since then I'm quite mixed in front of those sort of stuff. :)

Well well, anyway for the Drakensang trick I couldn't complain against David as despite I know for sure there was a visual hint, I couldn't find it.

Back
Top Bottom