New trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

My brother text it to me today, not that interested. Not even sure what to expect from this one.

I'm sceptical because I find Abrams a mediocre director, but I must say he has nailed 'the look' of the films. 35mm film probably helps, but they've captured the texture of the world far better than the unmentionable prequels.

Well that teaser trailer is at least more interesting than the Batman vs Superman one (or is it Superman vs Batman).

I do like the look, but I really don't know what to expect out of the movie outside of geriatric old cast. The tiny teaser I saw of the new Star Wars Battlefront game at the end looked awesome though.

I don't know how the movie will turn out (and JJ Abrams is behind it doesn't help) but this trailer nails perfectly the Star Wars "feel".

I think it should be renamed "The Force Ages" :D Hamil should be shown with a walker and an oxygen mask...

The last decent movie in this franchise came out in 1980, so if it is anything like Empire, it should be good. If, however, it is anything like the last four movies, I doubt I'll care for it. Abrahms did a great job with the first Star Trek movie that he helmed, totally trashed the franchise in the second, so I honestly have no clue how this will end up.

Well, I heard this is based on the original scripts..... anyone know if that is true ?

The last decent movie in this franchise came out in 1980, so if it is anything like Empire, it should be good. If, however, it is anything like the last four movies, I doubt I'll care for it. Abrahms did a great job with the first Star Trek movie that he helmed, totally trashed the franchise in the second, so I honestly have no clue how this will end up.

Actually it's not true that Empire was the last, these two kick arse too:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087225/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089110/
:evilgrin:

Well, I heard this is based on the original scripts….. anyone know if that is true ?

The script is written by JJ Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan (co-writer for Empire Strike Back and Return of the Jedi). They rewrote the initial script by Michael Arndt (Toy Story 3, Brave, Oblivion and Hunger Game Catching Fire).

Please, please be good and not "disney-ized". Pretty please?

Have you watched any of their real-life movies in the last 15 years? The list is composed of dark fantasy adaptation of classic Disney, action/adventures with anti-hero as main characters and dramas (mostly biographies and novel adaptations).

I'll be a lot more scared that the movie main character is a clone of Darth Vader looking for vengeance at this point personally.

I enjoyed Return of the Jedi until the ewoks appeared. The beginning when they rescued Han Solo was pretty cool.

So anyone want to debate if the new Sith "bad guy" is a fan of Revan? Because he seems at least to be a fan of his clothing style.

Note: the mask is actually not that similar.

This is wrong on so many levels that I do not Know where to begin. Into Darkness was a Star Trek movie that aknowledged its legacy. The first reboot movie was good but nothing trek. Abrahams is a talented guy who still gets better. The good thing regarding Star Wars is that Lawrence Kasdan is in again. He will make the sequel trilogy work.

Into Darkness flat out sucked. To think or believe otherwise is simply beyond my comprehension, especially if the person in question has any knowledge of the Wrath of Khan movie. It is simply best forgotten, although I suppose some people are grateful that Darkness stole the sucky award away from Nemesis.

The Battlefront game just released an in-engine video. I almost found it very hard to believe that was rendered in real-time. It looked amazing. Especially the lighting is just beautiful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwWLns7-xN8

I have to assume that's a cinematic sequence that was made with the game engine. "in-engine" doesn't mean it's being rendered in real time. I suspect that's a clever way of trying to make people think the entire game is going to look like that.

There's no way the actual gameplay looks like that on a PS4.

This is wrong on so many levels that I do not Know where to begin. Into Darkness was a Star Trek movie that aknowledged its legacy. The first reboot movie was good but nothing trek. Abrahams is a talented guy who still gets better. The good thing regarding Star Wars is that Lawrence Kasdan is in again. He will make the sequel trilogy work.

I wouldn't say Into Darkness sucked, but my biggest problem with the Abrahams star treks is that he makes it seem like the Federation has about 10 spaceships total and most of them get blown up in the beginning of any real action. The Federation is HUGE. Star Fleet is HUGE. He's massively compacted the universe. I still enjoyed both of them, but I didn't like that aspect.

I'm really looking forward to the new Star Wars. Best case scenario, we get another ESB type movie. Worst case scenario, we get a fun popcorn movie. Either way, I will be entertained and I think it will be better than at least TPM or AOC.

Back
Top Bottom