Might and Magic VI is up on Gog

mytgroo

Watchdog
Might and Magic VI which includes the first five might and magic games is up on Good Old Games. I am downloading it as I write. I hope it is good.

Thanks for the info--I'll put it on the front page. It's one of my personal top ten rpgs--hope you like it.

That is what I have - so I got to delete the games and the CD-images from my netbook.

I still recommend waiting until after Win7 launches and you get the new graphics chip-equipped netbooks …

They launched the Samsung N510 some places in europe already, though.

That said, I think I'll wait for a dual core netbook with ION, though - but it depends on how patient I am :)

Oh, trust me, I am. Just never really been interested in netbooks, as I don't really have much use for them.

It's about telling yourself there's a use, so you can have fun with the idea of having one - and then actually having fun a little bit when you go buy it.

Because you're right, there's really little practical use if you don't travel.

Personally, I intend to sleep with it :)

Any time I read "Gog", my mind wants to say: "Grog". ;)

I still recommend waiting until after Win7 launches and you get the new graphics chip-equipped netbooks …

I'm sorry but I can not understand why do you insist on buying an Win7 netbook. With Windows 7 I'm sure that lots of compability problems will arise. Since we are using netbooks for old games, I think Win XP is much better solution. I bought a netbook two weeks ago, with Geforce 9300gs card and WinXP on it. It's not that expensive by the way. I recommend that netbook to everyone. It's a little bit heavy from the standart netbooks by the way.

I also bought gog's Might & Magic 6. I hope there will be more RPGs on their lists. Especially which have compability issues like Lands Of Lore 3 or such.

I'm sorry but I can not understand why do you insist on buying an Win7 netbook. With Windows 7 I'm sure that lots of compability problems will arise. Since we are using netbooks for old games, I think Win XP is much better solution. I bought a netbook two weeks ago, with Geforce 9300gs card and WinXP on it. It's not that expensive by the way. I recommend that netbook to everyone. It's a little bit heavy from the standart netbooks by the way..

I don't really recommend Win7 as much as the original thought was that we'd have to wait for Win7 launch to get the ION-powered netbooks ... but apparently as of this week with the announcement of the HP Mini 311 with ION and WinXP that has all changed! I just recommend getting a graphics-chip powered system and avoiding teh worst OS of the modern era (Vista).

So what is your netbook? Post a link!

I'm definitely getting Win7, because I sold my copy of Windows Vista without ever having opened it. I would love to just stay with XP, but I need something to run DirectX 10 and beyond. That being said, I'm still going to go with a dual boot setup.

I don't really recommend Win7 as much as the original thought was that we'd have to wait for Win7 launch to get the ION-powered netbooks … but apparently as of this week with the announcement of the HP Mini 311 with ION and WinXP that has all changed! I just recommend getting a graphics-chip powered system and avoiding teh worst OS of the modern era (Vista).

So what is your netbook? Post a link!

The HP mini 311 will be using ION LE - which is a weaker version, and apparently no HD streaming.

That kind of defeats the purpose of it in terms of being a gaming netbook - though it's naturally better than the current alternatives.

I strongly recommend waiting for a proper ION netbook, or even better, a dual core solution that will inevitably come before long.

For those of you considering a netbook for gaming, that is.

About OS - my experience with Windows 7 has been mostly positive - but I will almost certainly go with Windows XP. The select few games putting DX10 to good use are all extremely demanding, so you won't really be enjoying them on a netbook except in EXTREMELY few cases. Also, I suspect most of us want a netbook for nostalgia gaming - but I could be wrong.

I don't care what anyone claims, I can personally guarantee that Windows XP will outperform Windows 7 for games on such modest hardware. Not by that much, but AT LEAST 10% - and you want those 10% for your netbook if you want to play any modern games, believe me.

As nice as Windows 7 looks, much of it is pointless bloatware for a netbook. Maybe they'll release a "light" netbook version? If so, then maybe it'd be better but I doubt it.

Only if you intend to go with 4GB ram - where you'll need a 64-bit OS to take advantage of them - and even then there's XP 64-bit (though it's not supported well).

That's how I see it, anyway.

I'm definitely getting Win7, because I sold my copy of Windows Vista without ever having opened it. I would love to just stay with XP, but I need something to run DirectX 10 and beyond. That being said, I'm still going to go with a dual boot setup.

You can apparently buy a copy now if you have a student email address (apparently alumni ones work as well) - info here.

Back
Top Bottom