South Park - Preview @ Plus XP

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Plus XP share with us their views on South Park: The Stick of Truth, warning us with this message: "This article contains adult humour which some readers may find offensive.". However any humour is not to be found in the preview, let alone the adult version of it, so don't get too excited.
In this role playing adventure you play as the new kid at South park elementary who is trying to make their way up the social ladder. As you start in your simple quest however, the school breaks out into a city-wide live action role playing game. This role playing game soon turns nasty, leading to an epic battle between good and evil that could poetically consume the whole planet.
During E3 2012 it was confirmed that there will be 3 DLC packs released after the game hits home consoles. The first of these is titled “Mysterion Superhero” and will be released exclusively for Xbox 360. The DLC is a nod to the classic South park episode where Eric Cartman tries to become a superhero vigilante and fails. Xbox 360 owners will be able to use their Kinect devices, and the game will also feature voice commands and the opportunity to verbally berate Cartman, which is always fun.
More information.

Sheesh,

these guys really know how to make a game sound unappealing.

Do they really call it a "role playing adventure"?

BTW: I am happy to live without Kinect, because I don't want to berate Cartman.

Pulling off a high profile game release while you are insolvent and in the midst of trying to find a buyer must present some challenges.

Let's see, old and tired tv show, check. Aimed at 5 yr olds or anyone else that would play with consoles > computers, check. Exclusive content again meant to slap the face of anyone daring to still use computers, check. Thanks for saving me some cash!!!

-Carn

To each his own. I love the show and think the game looks absolutely amazing.

I hate the show also except for the episode about World of Warcraft which was really good so this might end up being halfway decent since it goes in a similar direction. If anyone else knows of any other episodes like the "World of Warcraft" episode I might check it out.

PS. I expect the Xbox 360 exclusivity is probably like every other Xbox exclusive DLC and will be on other platforms sometime after the Xbox 360 version.

If anyone else knows of any other episodes like the "World of Warcraft" episode I might check it out.

"The Return of the Fellowship of the Lord of the Rings to the Two Towers" is a favorite of mine.

Let's see, old and tired tv show, check. Aimed at 5 yr olds

A 5 year old would get South Park, that's hilarious.. You're either too young or too retarded to get something like SP.

"The Return of the Fellowship of the Lord of the Rings to the Two Towers" is a favorite of mine.

That's one of my favorites too. I remember another one where the kids imagined they were ninjas or something, loved that one.

That's one of my favorites too. I remember another one where the kids imagined they were ninjas or something, loved that one.

Good Times with Weapons, must have seen that episode 20+ times (almost every episode in S8 is a classic imo).

Looking forward to it. I'm not expecting a deep and meaningful experience but it should be fun. The DLC doesn't sound like anything worth worrying about and it will turn up on other platforms in due course anyway,

Back
Top Bottom