Witcher annoyance things in the Witcher

The Witcher
I faced the same question when in the trading screen, no idea how to reforging weapon i intended to enhance...

Anyway two questions:

a) in the chapter 5, i'm able to teleport to ancient tomb from inside an old mine when looking for component to create elven armor, what's the spells combination to cast to teleport out of the tomb?

b)Inside the old chapel in the swamp (chapter 5), where and how long i should wait for the striga to show up?

After getting my first few silver talenst I must say that the powerup during a combo is pretty annoying... I havent really gotten used to it yet and it tends to disrupt the flow of my attacks, not to mention give some of the faster enemies time to strike back.

Are you talking about powering up a sign? You probably shouldn't try to powerup while in the middle of close fighting. They are more designed as a preliminary attack from a distance (like in the opening CGI movie with the striga). Just click and release if you want speed and Geralt will still perform the sign albeit at the standard level.

I'm talking about Powerup for Fast and Strong styles for the silver sword (havent spent any silver talents on the steel styles yet). I think the powerup was activated as I unlocked level 3 or 4 of these two styles.

As things stand I've reverted to just clicking and releasing in order to avoid interruption.

Oh I see. I quit playing the game and chose to wait for the enhanced edition right before I reached those levels.

Annoying things in The Witcher, well all CRPG have something annoying but it's right that The Witcher could have more.

Still a game in my top favorites. but anyway here my list:
  • Have some mouse and keyboard setup static and impossible to change. Not be able to use "space" for backward has been a major annoyance for me.
  • Not be able to use standard tools and tricks to define your one keyboard or mouse control setup. There's something wrong in its programming that prevent to simulate keyboard keys when that is working for any other game or application.
  • Some actions freeze movements controls like sheathing in/out and jumps. This problem is aggravated by the necessity to unpress/press the movement key to start moving.
  • Slow fps of some area, well I haven't yet tried the 1.3 version.
  • Slow download time even when you just enter a small house and then get back in previous bigger area. Some better cache management is lacking here, well don't know if the 1.3 change something about that.
  • Automatic save, sometimes you get a series of them making area changes even worse. I think 1.3 fixed that or the Enhanced Edition will fix it but I haven't check yet.
  • Not be able to dynamically change the difficulty setting during the game that includes the ability to set on/off the cursor lightning for hit timing independently of the difficulty level.
  • Automatic sheathing of weapons. Well I finally found the way to make it less disturbing by sheath the weapon myself as soon as a fight is over.

Loading times are much improved with the latest pre-EE patch. I didnt notice any FPS improvements (played on custom/medium settings on my old P4 with a Geforce 6800GS card), but then I only have crap FPS in the merchant quarter and there is no fighting there..

That each quicksave creates a new save game is pretty darn annoying, and I wish there was a way to change that.

I have seen an official pdf describing all the changes in the EE, I don't think it's in the 1.3, and one change was an option to disable automatic saves.

About fps I finally wait the EE to start again playing the game but: Before, with 1.2 I had slow fps form the worse to the less worse:
  • In a chapter where there's a constant war in a town. Fps was horrible and I gave up the game here.
  • In many parts of merchant town.
  • In few area of the swaps.
After to have installed the 1.3 I just load a game in the merchant area, at the place near Triss house, and it seems fps was quite good (window mode) but well I didn't push further nor tried load other saves. I've seen it's not advised to use save games of older versions so I prefer wait the EE.

I'm amazed at how many people have reported trouble with frame rates in TW. Usually when others have graphical problems I experience the same things on my machine. The game has never ran less than fluid for me.

I'm amazed at how many people have reported trouble with frame rates in TW. Usually when others have graphical problems I experience the same things on my machine. The game has never ran less than fluid for me.

I'm also a bit surprised by it, since my setup is well below recommended and I only have problems around Triss house and in Old Vizima (which I forgot to mention), and that is clearly related to the number of characters running around these areas and the fire animations in Old Vizima. And I'm not exactly playing on the lowest settings.

But the problems only occur when you enter the merchant or bourgeoisie areas in Vizima, and what I understand is that you haven't played that far yet?

I was in Chapt 3 when I stopped playing (I think?). I haven't played in months since I'm waiting to start fresh with the EE. Anyway, I was romping around the trade quarter and Triss' house area. It was after the party at the tavern. There's the section where all the merchants gather, there's the bank, the wall section, etc... Is that not the map ppl are complaining about?

I was in Chapt 3 when I stopped playing (I think?). I haven't played in months since I'm waiting to start fresh with the EE. Anyway, I was romping around the trade quarter and Triss' house area. It was after the party at the tavern. There's the section where all the merchants gather, there's the bank, the wall section, etc... Is that not the map ppl are complaining about?

Yes, strange that you haven't experienced the low framerates then.

I will tell you one circumstance where it seems to lag on my machine though - when I'm playing in isometric view. It just seems that the camera rotation is a little sluggish. If I'm playing over the shoulder it's fine. Weird, huh?

Back
Top Bottom