Pope Francis describes ‘ideological Christians’ as a ‘serious illness’

Yes, what you say mostly makes sense, but I think your style is quite confrontational or at least that's the way it seems to me. I believe you lose part of your message in this way ...

I guess you and DA have something in common regarding this.

Dalton named them atoms from the Greek atomos, meaning indivisible. Think he was thinking about quarks when he thought indivisible?? Quit being an arrogant prick, Mike.

Then stop being a moron - your statements about science reflect an inherent lack of knowledge about the process of discovery, experimentation and refutation as well as the peer-review process and extensive works seeking to disprove findings. In fact, the entire basis of modern experimentation and analysis stems from accepting that we cannot PROVE anything, simply fail to disprove it. We can suggest things are true, but we cannot prove them. We seek to illuminate our lack of understanding rather than to demonstrate the totality of our understanding.

Again, you are taking anti-science positions that are either intentionally incorrect for the purpose of being adversarial or demonstrate complete cluelessness. Either way you have shown that you have no idea about 'how science works'. And hint - it isn't about pulling a straw man from Wikipedia to claim some superiorist high ground.

And finally, I am not being arrogant, I am being accurate and precise.

Not bad for a guy that apparently doesn't have science as a forte, eh?

The fact that you confuse meaningless trivia was knowledge of science merely furthers my point.

Then why would you not extend the same courtesy to the bible thumpers? If you're allowed interpretation and adaptation, why would they not be allowed the same rules? Because you (non-specific "you") say so?

It's funny how y'all rail at the "flat earth" point. After all, SCIENCE declared anybody that disagreed with that stance a total crackpot until a few hundred years ago. I seem to remember a certain guy having to take poison over a similar crazy theory, but let's not put a smudge on the glorious throne of science. That's completely different, right? You get to correct/adapt, but the bible thumpers have to remain static because if they change their interpretation that's an admission of failure. Seriously? That's supposed to be enlightened discussion?

There werent bible thumper's in that time because very few people were allowed to read the bible. Second in 4th century christian Christians kew the world was round. Almost everyone knew the world was round by the time that Christopher Columbus circumnavigated the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth

I dont think those vids are an accurate representation of what happened on the ark for some reason.

You are muddling up science and scientists again. Scientists are also people and you can still do science even if you have crazy beliefs - Francis Collins being a good example. Scientific theories are not dependent on individual eccentricities, even when the insights on which they are based stem from a single brilliant person such as Newton, Darwin or Einstein.

Exactly. Newton spend more time studying alchemy than he did studying physics.

I dont think those vids are an accurate representation of what happened on the ark for some reason.

The Noah's Ark story must have seemed quite plausible to primitive villagers who thought the world ended just outside of their local vicinity and that there were maybe a few hundred animal species in the entire world. But, to believe it today, when we understand so much better the scale of the natural world, through science, is a feat of ignorance and self deception that is breathtaking. These videos, of course, are just pointing that out.

And animals are just a tip of the iceberg. What about insects, arachnids, worms etc, etc, etc? Their combined biomass exceeds biomass of all animals.

And animals are just a tip of the iceberg. What about insects, arachnids, worms etc, etc, etc? Their combined biomass exceeds biomass of all animals.

Yes, in actuality, you would have to replicate whole ecosystems on the ark and that's something that would be impossible to do even today with a vastly greater area than the limited space in a boat. The best we've managed to do is zoos. But, even the smallest zoo is vastly bigger than any boat and can support only a tiny fraction of the diversity of life on the planet, even with access to external food supplies.

I was just pointing out Noah never counted the animals and herded them into the ark. The animals just came in according to the bible.

I was just pointing out Noah never counted the animals and herded them into the ark. The animals just came in according to the bible.

So they were all moseying around on mount Ararat one day... "Ah look! Here's a nice looking ark, howsabout we all step on board?". "Last one on is a rotten egg". Jeez if you'd said that was what happened earlier, how could we have doubted it?

So they were all moseying around on mount Ararat one day… "Ah look! Here's a nice looking ark, howsabout we all step on board?". "Last one on is a rotten egg". Jeez if you'd said that was what happened earlier, how could we have doubted it?

That sounds about right. Except the moseying part. They came at the right time.

That sounds about right. Except the moseying part. They came at the right time.

OK so:

How did the particular Mr & Mrs Koala bear know that they were the ones that were to go on the ark rather than some other couple?

How did they know there was an ark and where the ark was?

How did they get sufficient food for the trip (it only grows in Aus)?

How did they cross 7000 miles of ocean?

etc. etc. etc....

It was miracles wasn't it? or did you miss these little snags? See Pladio's 3rd video...

Its fantastic!
I left you all for a couple of days with the word, if anyone can present anything in favour of TET that hasnt been refuted, you will have my attention.
Nobody said anything in three days?!!

Pladio,
Your kangaroos has been for a time parted.
Since nothing evolves, their genetic codes has degenerated in such a way that its impossible to fill the gaps, nothing strange.

The fun part of the background radiation of the universe is,
that the man who invented the machine that they used in the experiment
clearly stated that: -It is impossible to meassure this with my machine!!
Later when they investigated the backround noise that the machine itself produced,they understood that.
Somehow that did not get so much attention in the scientific-media.

Think!! Was man a dumbass 2-3-4thousand years ago?
Or, is there a reason for things like : Universe = One spooken sentence
Today Quant physics = Everything is held together by vibrations caused by an accoustic phenomen in the beginning of time/room/materia. Interesting!!!

Hope you all will have a sensational 2014 !!!

Its fantastic!
I left you all for a couple of days with the word, if anyone can present anything in favour of TET that hasnt been refuted, you will have my attention.
Nobody said anything in three days?!!

Pladio,
Your kangaroos has been for a time parted.
Since nothing evolves, their genetic codes has degenerated in such a way that its impossible to fill the gaps, nothing strange.

The fun part of the background radiation of the universe is,
that the man who invented the machine that they used in the experiment
clearly stated that: -It is impossible to meassure this with my machine!!
Later when they investigated the backround noise that the machine itself produced,they understood that.
Somehow that did not get so much attention in the scientific-media.

Think!! Was man a dumbass 2-3-4thousand years ago?
Or, is there a reason for things like : Universe = One spooken sentence
Today Quant physics = Everything is held together by vibrations caused by an accoustic phenomen in the beginning of time/room/materia. Interesting!!!

Hope you all will have a sensational 2014 !!!

You clearly have insufficient understanding of science in general and the theory of evolution in particular to make any discussion on those subjects worthwhile. Yawn. I expect that's why everyone has been ignoring your posts.

And, you think you do!
If you do belive in somthing that was invented in the later 1700s
thats been exposed, refuted over and over again.
I can only say I'm sorry for you and wish you a happy new year.

Back
Top Bottom