Nothing will stop the flicker!

hairrorist

Traveler
So I really, really want to play Precursors, but the UI constantly flickers. I've installed the 1.1 patch, the 1.5 unofficial patch, the postprocess folder replacement, precursors_ati_fix.exe, atiumdag.rar and the .ini changes. Nothing will stop the flickering. It is driving me mad. MAD.

If I switch to medium quality graphics, the ui stops flickering, but the game looks like a wet sack of assholes.

For some reason I now get flickering on surfaces, despite having an Nvidia card. Only happens on High and above. Medium stops the flickering, but (naturally) doesn't look near as good. Didn't used to do it, but I haven't played it in a while :(

Well, I fixed the flickering by changing RENDERLAG back to 1 (something changed it to 2, or it was already 2). There are rare surfaces that have a "striped" texture look to them, but not enough to annoy me too much, and at least they aren't flickering now. Of course DISABLESHADERMODEL30=1 fixed it entirely, but there seemed to be a drop in graphical quality.
I'll probably play with it a little more, but for the moment I'm back to kicking raider ass and enjoying it immensely.

Back
Top Bottom