What games are you playing now?

It's definitely more action oriented than older games in the series, but the story and characters still tie-in nicely.

Yep, it's basically your typical R.E. story. Don't think it's been any more action oriented than RE 4 though (so far).

And I actually prefer Chris Redfield & his new partner to Leon Kennedy & the prez's daughter.

As for the 360 vs. PS3, from all the reviews I've read over the last couple of years all the non-exclusives seem to play a bit better on the 360 than the PS3. And there are more 360 exclusives I'd play - I mean where are the PS3 RPGs? Non-existent while 360 has:

- Lost Odyssey
- Mass Effect 2 (I don't think my current PC can play it, it could barely play 1 :( )
- Star Ocean: The Last Hope
- Blue Dragon
- Eternal Sonata
- Tales Of Vesperia
- The Last Remnant

And a couple others (may actually try Fallout 3 again... thinking if I play it on a console, I'll enjoy it more by lowering my expectations and not thinking of it as a PC RPG :) )

But I will probably pick up a PS3 sometime this year... still really want to play Uncharted 1/2, MGS IV and Valkyria Chronicles.

I personally wouldn't get an Xbox because most of the best titles for that system can also be had on PC, and are better on that platform (imo) if you have a high end system. The PS3 has more titles that interest me that I know will never be ported to PC.

As far as Xbox exclusive RPGs go, I can count how many on 1 hand that I'd be interested in. In fact, Star Ocean and ToV were the only ones I really wanted to try, and Star Ocean is being released for PS3 anyways.

Didn't play very far into RE5 yet. Because it's been so long since I've played any of the RE games, I was seriously thinking about starting the series from the beginning and playing them all.

I put my LMK-Wizardry 8 run on hold for Mass Effect 1, because I got the Space urge again and there aren't too many such games around. I'm also preparing for ME2. I had only played ME1 once with an Adept *), but without any points in Charm, and I only did less than half the assignments. Since I want him in ME2 too I figured I'd make it to 60, put 4 points in Charm so it would be maxed out in the end, and explore and scan *all* planets. I'm almost going crazy because those side missions are still every bit as terrible as I remember them, but this time my completist nature got the better of me.

Interestingly, playing an adept from 47-60 on hardcore is a lot easier than from 1-47 on normal, with the same squad setup (Tali + Ashley). Must be due to everyone using those special Spectre weapons with full upgrades, as well as maxed powers. My hat off to all those people who played through the game more than twice or thrice, I couldn't do it, not with those side quest planets.

*) I also tried a ruthless, pro-human and xenophobic Soldier, but didn't get very far.

I'm currently taking a break from BG2. I carried my Sorcerer in from BG1, but lost interest in playing her through to the end of the series. Thinking of going with a new Cleric through BG1, or maybe just starting it in 2.

And, as always, I'm playing Call of duty: United Offensive online pretty much an hour a night. I'm also getting into DDO, despite some issues with it.

On my PS3, I've been playing the original Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. The best game out of the series by far. I've got to get to the point that I have Dr Strange. Then my team will be complete.

I had only played ME1 once with an Adept *), but without any points in Charm, and I only did less than half the assignments. Since I want him in ME2 too I figured I'd make it to 60, put 4 points in Charm so it would be maxed out in the end, and explore and scan *all* planets. I'm almost going crazy because those side missions are still every bit as terrible as I remember them, but this time my completist nature got the better of me.

If you import your ME 1 character you essentially start from scratch. You can change your face and change class. Your skills don't carry over (for the most part because most of them are gone). You only have six skills and three of them are different types of ammo. I couldn't believe it when I first started and looked at my character sheet. I'm like "Where the hell are all the skills?"

The conversation skills are handled completely differently (for better or worse). You don't put points into them anymore, you recieve points every time you use the skill. So if you use the paragon skill and do something nice, you get paragon points. It's a bit silly because you also get paragon and renegade points when you did nothing to deserve them. You get two of each after nearly every dialog just a matter of course.

The only thing that carries over from your ME 1 character are the decisions you made. You also get a bonus of 120000 creds and some other resources.

Well, added the DS game Might & Magic Clash of Heroes to the mix ... so far it is definitely one of the better 2009 games I have played.

Since IGN broke embargo I'll also mention I'm playing SOCOM 3 for the PSP ... best of the series for sure.

Well, added the DS game Might & Magic Clash of Heroes to the mix … so far it is definitely one of the better 2009 games I have played.

That ones been getting rave reviews everywhere. Definitely on my to-get list.

The only thing that carries over from your ME 1 character are the decisions you made.
Thanks for all the info, I appreciated it. I don't mind, though. I see ME1 more as an interactive movie or an action adventure; the things I like in RPGs including choices are very superficial at best in this game, so I don't think I'll miss them too much. The game does have an excellent cinematic presentation, and I like the sci-fi setting. ME2 merely promises to be more focused by getting rid of things that didn't matter much anyway.

My main reason for playing through ME1 again is that I didn't complete it the way I wanted the first time around. I couldn't, because I didn't care to put any points in Charm. This time I just wanted to do everything and max everything, regardless of how exactly it affects ME2 … simply knowing that there is some form of character import is enough incentive for me.

This time I just wanted to do everything and max everything, regardless of how exactly it affects ME2.

Well technically you can't do *everything* in one playthough. You can only max out Charm or Intimidate, not both, and there are side quest related to them.

Sorry dte, as I said I got the space urge; Wiz8 doesn't exactly fit the bill, although there are some sci-fi elements in it. I promise I'll get back to it after I'm through with ME1. ;)

Well technically you can't do *everything* in one playthough. You can only max out Charm or Intimidate, not both, and there are side quest related to them.
Hm, true. That why I had started a second character for the renegade line. Subjectively speaking, however, gameplay wise there wasn't much of a difference between the two from what I've seen.

pata pata pata pon, pata pata pata pon,
pon pon pata pon, pon pon pata pon,
pon pon pata pon, pon pon pata pon...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp173Si-XZM

Oh geez, I'm currently also playing Patapon on the side! :D That game is addicting! I'm currently trying to get some rare patapons and sort of stuck on the second Zig attack. Funny, this is one of the few games I don't mind constantly trying to pass a stage. I'll get it but by the time I got to it, I had already been playing for a couple of hours and was completely fried *g*

By the time Patapon 2 came around, thought, I just didn't find it brought that much more to the table ...

Probably not but I did get it before I had even started the original...just 'cause ;) Btw, have you gotten the PSP Go? If I recall Sony wasn't able to find a way to help original PSP owners transfer their UMD's to the Go, like some sort of program and be able to download the UMD's they own.

Probably not but I did get it before I had even started the original…just 'cause ;) Btw, have you gotten the PSP Go? If I recall Sony wasn't able to find a way to help original PSP owners transfer their UMD's to the Go, like some sort of program and be able to download the UMD's they own.

Of COURSE I have the PSP Go, and really love the system itself, but everything else about it is crap. My review is here.

"Sony wasn't able' ... that almost sounds sympathetic ;) More like - Sony figured if they were suckers enough to pay $250, why not screw them out of a transfer system as well!

Also, EU gamers who registered their PSP Go got a free copy of Gran Turismo and a choice of 3 downloadable games from a list. Everyone else ... got nuthin'.

I actually like Patapon 2 better than the original (sorta like Loco Roco) but find it redundant.

Still playing KB: Armored Princess, the game is huge. I also reinstalled Mass Effect, and I've been messing around with System Shock and the new mouselook mod.

Back
Top Bottom