Casual RPG questions

Frozen Fireball

Trying to unfreeze
Casual questions about RPGs

There are some times when a question about a certain RPG ( or even the genre itself ) comes to my mind that is not serious or discussable enough for a separate thread ( or maybe a bit amateurish ) and there's no active topic about it, but I would like to know the answer anyway. So I thought make this thread for these kinds of questions so people who know about it can help.

For start, I would to know how much time does it take to beat Elder Scrolls Arena? I always liked to play that game, but the fact that all of the Tamriel is playable somehow made me think it's gonna take a long time to finish it, so it would be nice to know the real number and see if I can spend it on the game or not.

Last edited:
I finished Arena way back in the day. Took me quite a while, about 2 months or so. But I was a college student then, and couldn't dedicate the time to it like I could now. I have good memories of the game, so if you jump into it, good luck and have fun!

I finished Arena way back in the day. Took me quite a while, about 2 months or so. But I was a college student then, and couldn't dedicate the time to it like I could now. I have good memories of the game, so if you jump into it, good luck and have fun!
Thanks for the answer and Sorry for the late reply. I totally forgot about this thread.

I have another question. I finished Titan quest 3 or 4 years ago and played a bit of Immortal throne, but I lost my saved games. Now is it possible to play immortal throne's campaign with any class and build I want without playing through the whole game again? If I remember correctly, there was no option concerning this in the main menu.

Unfortunately you must start over if you don't have any save games. Immortal throne does add some features, such as artifacts and 2 new skill trees iirc to the game. You are correct that there is no option to start after Typhon. Sorry.

Save games are transferable correct? I have plenty of time so if you REALLY want to play after typhon is defeated, let me know what kind of character you want and I can get him to you after defeating typhon. You can then continue. PM me if you are interested?

Last edited:
I always wanted to play a real life D&D game, but I never could for various of reasons. Is there any software or website that simulates a D&D game (preferably with AI) in a way that you feel like you're sitting behind the game table and rolling the dice yourself? I mean I want it to have a graphical environment, not text based or anything like that. Something like these fancy 3D chess simulators.

I don't know any. There is Roll20 for online table top games though (never used it, I found out about it because Josh Sawyer, Obsdian dev, use it). It's not 3d, but got graphic.

Their might be others similar that might fit what you want better.

I don't know any. There is Roll20 for online table top games though (never used it, I found out about it because Josh Sawyer, Obsdian dev, use it). It's not 3d, but got graphic.

Their might be others similar that might fit what you want better.
Not exactly what I was looking for, but I guess it's the next best thing. Thanks.

TOEE simulated it for a bit for me. But it's loooooong ago since I had played it the last time ...

Maybe you should take a look at board games, too ? There are nowadays newer games out there with simulation, too ...

Card Hunter is not D&D, but looks pretty much like a tabletop game with miniatures and stuff. It's browser based, free-to-play (don't know if that also means pay-to-win). Haven't played it myself, yet, though it does look very intriguing.
Card Hunter is an online collectible card game which blends together card play, deck building, tactical combat and classic fantasy role-playing in a way you’ve never seen before. Grab your cards, miniatures, dice and snacks, then journey to a new world of adventure on the tabletop of your Game Master, Gary.

Back
Top Bottom