Sword Coast Legends - Info and Stream today

Btw they've announced this to be "a TON of GOOD news" before.

If I was a pessimist I'd wonder why they're making announcements like this to get hopes high and disappoint the community again. ;)

This time I expect this good news to be that whoever was in charge of this mess lost his/her head.

I'd replace head by job. ;)

I'd replace head by job. ;)
Nope, if people started losing heads for real more shit would get done properly.

People already lost their heads in the past due to telling people to eat cake. Overall it improved the world ;)

Or maybe it will actually be good news?
Only a couple of hours and we will find out.

Maybe in 2 years when the under dark parts, more DLC content and a hard of patches are added and the game is 10$ I'll pick it up....maybe

As my expectations for these news have been very low I'm positively surprised.
Alas most of these changes are for multiplayer/modding which I'm not really interested in.

a lot of things people have wanted are announced:
tile by tile module creation
branched dialogue in module creation
Option to disable level scaling of monsters
tiefling, drow and new class
full party of custom characters in campagin mode
dice rolls in DM
more camera options
Ability Respec
Revisions and improvements to the rules for death, party wipe, and stabilize, including new options for players that want more challenge
etc etc

Those are things that only a small part of people wanted. At best they made it better for a few content creators but not for most of people that left because the game system and game itself are crap. Best part for those is more challenge through changing of death and revival systems.

Lotta pessimists here :p RomeNWN was not built overnight…
You are right, it stayed in development until it was more or less ready.
These SCL crooks released early and hope to finance more development with people money. Steam refunds spoiled their plans.

The weirdest part was the citing of ~82 years played by the Head Start folk rolled into the launch window---I mean, what? At this point, all of their PR is pretty tainted---roadmaps and actually achieved changelogs are the only things they can speak with definitively at this junction.

If they come through on all of these things, and then much more, then they'll be at a better starting line to pick up the pieces. The 'Example" they have to follow remains the Realms of Arkania HD project in terms of a strange, harder than it had to be BY FAR, road ahead if they want to even somewhat do right by the lot of it.

Those are things that only a small part of people wanted. At best they made it better for a few content creators but not for most of people that left because the game system and game itself are crap. Best part for those is more challenge through changing of death and revival systems.
Limited module creation tools has generally been the biggest drawback in the critic reviews, and a lot of people have been complaining about that.

Another thought: If they had involved and listened to the community earlier and had released the game (accoring to the published roadmap) in December with the announced changes, the game would imho have been rated 10-15% better.

Back
Top Bottom