Witcher Spoilers

The Witcher
I think that's a named ghoul that appears in the act 1 crypt after you do Mikul's quest there. I think he drops meteorite.

"Ozzrel" is one *super strong* ghoul (an Alghoul) located in the crypt in far north/east on the outskirts of Vizima map.

You receive the "King Of The Crypt" quest after speaking to the Royal huntman then later returning with the alghouls head (200 orrens)

Thanks, guys. I've done that one-just didn't know his name.

Please spoil me (Act 1):
The Royal Huntsman mentions a monster haunting the lakeside; presumably a trophy quest. Any clues on that? I've haunted both banks of the river for most of one night, and come up with nothing.

I found the creature across the river in front of the mill on the banks--very late at night. Don't know but you might need the entry in the bestiary to get the trophy/maybe the appearence even?

Last edited:
Yes, I restarted too, I was about 50% complete with chap 2, but I missed out on several things, this time I am trying to find everything before I close myself off, by completing certain things.

It was especially interesting to see you could get
3 red meteorites before chapt 2
though I wouldn't make the choice for the first one, until I understand more.

It's been hard not understanding the universe nor the implications of certaing comments and equally you don't really know if we English speakers are getting the correct wording anyway, most likely not. :rolleyes:

I really dislike being tricked by developers in dialog options, but in this case it doesn't seem to be the developers at all.

In case anyone was wondering, No you can't change/add the names of your Save games. ;)
Really frustarating, I have to be really careful to keep a Save at the start of each chapter, since they all look alike. :(

Confused about chap 1, poker.
The 3 guys your spouse to help, show as Poker players, but they all freak out when I ask about the dice I found and the Reverend , though I was going to do all the Poker at once, so I haven't asked Zoltran about it yet.

Had anyone got to play with them?

You should be okay.
You have to talk to a dwarf-Zoltan is handy- to get the heathen, nasty nonhuman dice ID'd, then you can play with him. I'd play with everybody to be on the safe side, since I think I'm screwed atm and won't get past the novice stage, thusly not making the big money later in the game.

I find that non-name save game thing annoying too--all the little panels look alike, and the times are bunched up because of the constant autosaving.

Well I will check it out but on my first attempt I remember them,
not playing dice even though I had spoken to Zoltan, but that's my next stop dice and drinking, as I have found all 3 women in chap 1 and completed everything just before point of no return

wow, that 3 red sword is nice for being chap 1, I cheated a 3rd just to see what it looks like.
:biggrin:

I certainly hope the No Save Game Name is removed, makes things very difficult. :(

There is a townswoman ....
at the Inn in the Trade Quarter (Ch. 3) ... who will tell a story for some milk. I tried Goats milk and she refused. I am wondering if she is worth the trouble. What does she reveal? If its a potion or sword grease recipe it might be worth it. (Or even a new monster entry).

P.S. --> I haven't been this into a game since NOTR, but I swear the loading times are still getting on my nerves. I especially hate it when you try to see someone but its the wrong time of day and there is no fireplace or method to sleep in the location you are currently at. So you're forced to go out and wait for the huge loading time for the Trade/Temple quarter, etc...

Its even worse when you need to go between two buildings in the same Quarter. You're still gotta endure that massive load time just to walk a few steps. This is one time when fast travel would have been *REALLY* helpful. They should make so you can warp to certain locations if you have visited them at least once. But then again I could see how that might break certain scripted events.

Aaargh! Can't win either way.

P.S. #2--> I know that a good portion of the delay is the autosave sometimes too! My point is -- its just too long to be away from the game.

Last edited:
elkston would you mind using spoiler quotes, when your talking about plot and quest spoilers? :)
You could add them leaving the chap 3 and something that describes your quest or plot point of intrest, that way the Search engine can find it and people looking in the thread won't see that acutal spoiler, thanks. :)

I sided with the order in my first game and was thinking of going neutral in my next. I expect there's a corresponding elven armorer in the makeshift forge and I suspect there's a neutral one as well, if you've gone with that path. Can anyone confirm this?

@Kaziklu - my first play-through was neutral, and I was never stuck for the resource you're asking about.

magerette, you were right I was ok. :)
with Dice, I had missed the second phase dialog with Zoltan.

elkston
Its a very, very minor spoiler compared to the other stuff that has been revealed
Ok, stopped reading when I saw the first bits, thanks. :)
It was a sort of a hyper reaction to being spolied, most recently I was spoiled on the main plot of Bioshock, while I waited for the 2.0 Shader work to complete.

Chap 2, help. I tried looking on the Official forums, but their Search engine seems broken atm.
I kept selecting House, in the Quest and Story section but it kept giving me all sections and 35 pages and none on the first page had that word, doh!
I am now gun shy since the whole damn town was apparently killed off in chap 1 without any real warning. Is it ok to proceed with the Investigation first or should I go to the Swamp first? I haven't spoken to the investigator yet.

Anyone see a list of quests on chap 2, yet?
This is related to the above and was hoping not to get caught off guard. I don't mind choices which lead in one direction or other, but was hoping not to have a repeat of chap 1 problems.
So far, I know of 2 specific time only quests, The Family Ring (guy at Sewer entrance at 5am or 6am) and the Woman at the Graveyard at noon.
Anyone know where the Elf (Half Elf?) woman is for the Haunted House? I think this could be another time specific quest.

Thanks. :)

I don't think you'll have any trouble discerning the end of act 2 ahead of time - and its ending isn't like act 1's, in any case.

Dice Poker Update
I've manage to progress the "quest" in spite of screwing up in act 1, by beating everyone possible in Act 2(the Gambler, the gardener, Carmen and Vaska)--then the dwarf in the Hairy Bear(Munro) will play you, and you can play professional. So all is cool.
On act 2
My take so far in Act 2 is to concentrate on the quests in the city, then hit the swamp a bit at a time, as I've had some trouble with the plant creatures there--first death and reload. I've just ramped up my Igni skills and plan to go back and fireball the bejeezis out of them--any tips beyond the burn approach?

magerette, gratz on the cards. :)
Does anyone know whom the 4 professionals are in Chap 2? I got Monroe and Thaler
On act 2.
Blizzard, upgrade sword and sharping 20% on your silver sword? Remember that there is one that's the named Vincent pays for, you need to kill that one first/asap casue it will follow you and make every encounter much tougher.

This really isn't a spoiler since there is no quest associated with this information but does anyone know where Zoltan and Leuvaarden (merchant at Dike) in Chap 2?
If there is a concern you can put the answer in Spoiler tags. :)

I was thinking finishing up the city before I head to the Swamp, hope this isn't a mistake, someone let me know if it's a mistake. I restarted Chap 2, once. :)

Thanks for the tips, Ace. Zoltan walks around the city, mostly. I've also seen him at Vivaldi's house a few times.
Leuvaarden is outside the gates (near the detective's house) on the actual dike near the ferryman. Seigfried will let you out the gate past the guards..
This may not be what you meant, though, since it looks like you've already been to the swamp

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom