X Caeli - RPG/Shmup hybrid, Demo available

Pope Amole

Watcher
X Caeli is a crossbreed of Space Invaders & Jets n' Guns/Tyrian, with the latter's gun shop sytem being evolved into a full-pledged RPG system with stats, traits and weapons being heavily based on those.

We have more thoughtful combat than your average shmup (there are rewards for the skill, of course, but you don't need to have insane dodging skills or memorize attack patterns) and our main features are polished balance, a little bit of hardcoreness, unique weapon mechanics and a vast space for the character build experimentation.

We're currently battling our way to the Greenlight top-100:

Or you can just get our demo here or here (we also have mac & linux builds available - just ask if you would be interested in those)

AH, I am in two minds about this, i want a more Tyrian type game or better yet a more UN Squadron type game. What are your plans after this? I will support if you will explore other types of shmups afterwards.

AH, I am in two minds about this, i want a more Tyrian type game or better yet a more UN Squadron type game. What are your plans after this? I will support if you will explore other types of shmups afterwards.

Well, at the moment our game is received with pretty much nothing but indiffirence so our plans are probably to hit the nearest bar and drunk ourselves into unconsciousness with the cheapest booze available.

But, on a serious note, we don't really know. We'll think about that if we manage to get on the Steam (or Gog) by some miracles - otherwise, we just won't have any kind of funds to develop anything.

Also, haven't played the UN Sqadron, watching Longplay now - looks kinda similar to the Jets n' Guns (well, the other way around). Do you mean horizontal view shmup by that or there are specific features you're interested in?

Back
Top Bottom