Dragon Age: Inquisition - Qunari as a Playable Race - Tactical Camera Will Be Back

I think one should suffice.

C'mon, you and I both know thats hardly "quivering with anticipation."

It was exactly two threads. Counts as multiple I guess ;)

Multiple is multiple.:)

People getting caught up in baseless hype? But I guess that's kinda hard to relate to from inside the eye of the storm :)

If that's what you think than your far off. I was very vocal of my disdain for DA2 and it still stand today but i base games on thier own merits.

I didn't like DA2 because I thought DAO was great and I won't immediatly hate DAI because DA2 was a steaming pile of you know what.

I'll wait and see what DAI is all about and if I like it I'll buy it, if not I won't.

I don't buy or not buy games based on developers because pretty much every one has put out stuff I like and stuff I don't.

I base each game individually, especially in today's market where every installment needs to be a whole knew game instead of just expanding on what they did well in previous installments.

I base each game individually, especially in today's market where every installment needs to be a whole knew game instead of just expanding on what they did well in previous installments.

To be fair, TW3 is certainly as hyped as DA3. I guess people are just less jaded about Witcher games than DA. It was just a bit overwhelming with the PR noise today, I hope this isn't what's in store for us like every other day.

To be fair, TW3 is certainly as hyped as DA3. I guess people are just less jaded about Witcher games than DA. It was just a bit overwhelming with the PR noise today, I hope this isn't what's in store for us like every other day.

I can agree with that. The hype for both games is pretty over the top.

Also, my memory could just be off but didn't previews use to come out a month or 2 ahead of release not almost a year?

Without previews and interviews a site would never have anything to post about. It would be very dull with nothing to read, or talk about.;)

They may be over-hyping everything but that is fine. Like some one kindly told me before no one is forcing you to read anything on the web.:)

I'll say it again I don't care what naysayers post. I'm interested in both TW3 and DA3. I'm not the only one either.

Without previews and interviews a site would never have anything to post about. This and other sites would be very quiet.;)

They may be over-hyping everything but that is fine. Like some one kindly told me before no one is forcing you to read anything on the web.:)

I'll say it again I don't care what naysayers post. I'm interested in both TW3 and DA3. I'm not the only one either.

Oh no Couchpotato, I'm in no way saying not to post the news.

I have never seen so much news on this site since you started posting it and I am very thankful for your hard work in that regard.

It has been great and I find myself visting just for the news, not just the forums.

Your doing an excellent job.

Oh no Couchpotato, I'm in no way saying not to post the news.

I have never seen so much news on this site since you started posting it and I am very thankful for your hard work in that regard.

It has been great and I find myself visting just for the news, not just the forums.

Your doing an excellent job.
I'm not offended sakichop. I wasn't signaling you out. ;)

I was just politely trying to make a point about Bioware topics. It's just certain posters have a goal to always post nothing but negative comments.

To answer your question yes it does seem the previews start a year ahead of release now. Marketing probably figured it 's a good way to get information out.

I'm not offend sakichop. I wasn't signaling you out. ;)

Good because your hard work is not going unnoticed…

Unrewarded maybe, but not unnoticed.:lol:

I was just politely trying to make a point about Bioware topics. It's just certain posters have a goal to always post nothing but negative comments.

I agree, that's actually what prompted my initial response eairlier in the thread.

To answer your question yes it does seem the previews start a year ahead of release now. Marketing probably figured it 's a good way to get information out.

That's what I thought. It sure can make for a long wait when it's a game your looking forward too.

A fact not lost on the publishers I'm sure.;)

I'm not offended sakichop. I wasn't signaling you out. ;)

I like your news posts. (I don't hate you:))

I agree with the comment about Bioware/Bethesda topics....it gets silly after awhile.

Just coming back from vacation. There seems to be quite a bit of new DA3 info. Hard not to get excited to be honest, as this is all sounding really, really good.

However, it's still all part of the hype machine so it shouldn't be too hard to keep the expectations down for now.

I am playing through DA2 at the moment purely because the DA3 release is starting to get closer.

In my opinion its pretty average at best - after the first act i thought it was quite good and I was wondering what all the fuss was about and then act 2 and 3 featured the EXACT same dungeons with different doors enabled/disabled. There was one particular map that was used at least 12 times!!! As long as they spend enough time to build different maps and improve the story a bit it will certainly be vastly improved.

I didn't mind the combat wave mechanic as much as some people but what did frustrate me is the console boss battles - namely where you had to dodge attacks by strafing in and out in real time. Tactics for mages are pretty pisspoor as well - you pretty much have to manually control a mage for them to be effective which is where the tactical view from DA:O would have been very helpful.

The homosexual elements were excessive and much too in your face as well - there should be a checkbox to disable it. I believe the number of homosexual encounters exceeded the hetero ones - neither of which really furthered the game/story in any meaningful way. Seems to be a common trait with modern bioware titles.

I am still quietly confident that DA3 is going to be a worthy sequel to DA:O and we can all forget the misstep that was DA2.

Closer? The original date is getting closer, but it was postponed some time ago. It's a Q4 2014 title now as far as I know.

I didn't mind the combat wave mechanic as much as some people but what did frustrate me is the console boss battles - namely where you had to dodge attacks by strafing in and out in real time.

This is one of my main concerns. I avoided DA 2 like the plague and I'm glad I did. I'm really not a fan of action combat. It always feels like it's more about timing/reflexes instead of tactics. Unless I can get the IE/DA:O style of combat back, I'll probably pass on this unless I hear great things about the story.

The eye candy looks great, and I'm glad to hear the camera Tactical Camera will be back. I honestly couldn't even remember what the Qunari were till someone said you came across a Qunari warrior early in the game.

Back
Top Bottom