Sui Generis - Post-Funding Update #27

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Bare Mettle Entertainment is back with another post-funding update for Sui Generis with more information on the Combat Alpha Release.

Combat Alpha Release

Yesterday evening we released a first version of the combat alpha. Over 1200 people now have access to it. This very early release is under NDA but it will be lifted soon, we just want to get some early feedback and solve any major issues before it goes public. Anyone with access to the insider forum can view discussions where people have also posted screenshots and videos.

So far the feedback has been very positive. Some people are finding the controls tricky but they seem to be quickly getting used to them, it is a very unique control system. The combat system in general seems to be greatly appreciated. We've had really excellent feedback on graphics, sound, music and various features.

Performance and compatibility are better than we expected, very few people have had compatibility issues and we're getting amazing performance on even very low end systems. This being a first ever alpha release of both game and engine there are of course a few issues but we're quickly solving them as well as making major gameplay adjustments based on the feedback we're receiving. We've already released an updated version with numerous fixes and changes.

This is a huge milestone for us, we've actually shipped a working game even if it is very limited for now and the whole thing has gone very smoothly. The amount of work required to get so many things to this complete state has been staggering and overall we've really made some fantastic progress. Our workflow and tools have greatly improved as a result of this too. Now we can work on adding important features while also receiving continuous feedback (and testing!) and generally having a more meaningful interaction with our backers.
More information.

Awesome! Can't wait for the finished game!

Just tried it for a few fights. I had more info written here, but I guess it might violate their NDA, so I removed it for now.

Last edited:
Did you post your comments on their forum if so can you provide a link? I'm curious if it is any good. I'm a backer so i can read their forum but been distracted by other things so have only been following them on updates.

Just tried it for a few fights. I had more info written here, but I guess it might violate their NDA, so I removed it for now.

Did you post your comments on their forum if so can you provide a link? I'm curious if it is any good. I'm a backer so i can read their forum but been distracted by other things so have only been following them on updates.

I have given some feedback on their insider forum, yes. In the Combat Alpha early discussion thread. There is already lots of feedback there.

I'm not very interested in the combat of the game, but maybe they'll start making the parts I am interested in now that the combat engine is shaping up. I'll be happy to see anything that makes it feel like an rpg. I probably have alpha access, and I at least signed up to the backer forum but that's about it. I backed it because the pitch was good and the engine looked good even back then. I don't plan on playing the early versions unless they really need help or something. It sounded like they were getting plenty of opinions on the combat front.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom