Witcher 3 - PAX East Gameplay Trailer

Don't get mad man. I just hate to see you hurting it's all…

As Vivienne would say: "You are very kind, but you needn't concern yourself."

One of these days I'll really have to buy one of AC games and play it.
All I know about those is everyone mentioning repetitiveness and that's something TW3 hopefully won't contain.
So from my angle, it's hard to counter critics coming from AC fan.

Rpetativeness is bound to be there in TW3. And wildlife probbaly gonna have bears too! :)

For some things on this forum, gameplay basically means controlling a sack of wet sand (Geralt), mashing attack button furiously in the faint hope that it connects with an enemy (since the hit detection is shit) and if all fails winning any fight with roll roll roll roll roll rollinnnnggg all the time as hyper aggressive enemies try to surround you from all the sides. Rinse and repeat. These things delude themselves in thinking this is actually a good 'gameplay'. How pitiable.

The Witcher games basically were only ever good at art and graphics. So I had hoped AT LEAST visuals would be upgraded for TW3. This demo confirms that's not the case.

Buttonmashing? I saw no buttonmashing or rolling or whatever while beating the "overgrown chicken", but well, I'm old and my sight is not what it used to be, maybe I missed it.

Now tell me, is AC2 anywhere on discount? I'm not giving 10 bucks for any of those games that by others' words, not yours, "were only ever good at art and graphics."

For some things on this forum, gameplay basically means controlling a sack of wet sand (Geralt), mashing attack button furiously in the faint hope that it connects with an enemy (since the hit detection is shit) and if all fails winning any fight with roll roll roll roll roll rollinnnnggg all the time as hyper aggressive enemies try to surround you from all the sides. Rinse and repeat. These things delude themselves in thinking this is actually a good 'gameplay'. How pitiable.
You are right, we need to go back to isometric camera and more tactical combat of Witcher 1. Or more like Baldur's Gate tactical combat. lets forget about any button mashing.. :p

Buttonmashing? I saw no buttonmashing or rolling or whatever while beating the "overgrown chicken", but well, I'm old and my sight is not what it used to be, maybe I missed it.

Now tell me, is AC2 anywhere on discount? I'm not giving 10 bucks for any of those games that by others' words, not yours, "were only ever good at art and graphics."

Did you observe ANY sort of strategy / tactic to kill that mini-"boss", other than just taking swings with the sword?

I really dislike AssCreed 2. Brotherhood is my all time favorite. Then Black Flag. I'd recommend skipping 2 entirely.

You are right, we need to go back to isometric camera and more tactical combat of Witcher 1. Or more like Baldur's Gate tactical combat. lets forget about any button mashing.. :p

Why not Dark Souls?

Brotherhood and BF are more expensive, sorry but not buying those.
If those were RPG I would pay any sum, but since they're not... And add uPlay into the equatation...

Oh for fuck sake can we stop with asking every other god damn game to be like dark souls?

Because you said you don't want button mashing and roll roll roll

Dark souls combat system has stamina management, critical strikes, back-stab, parry and riposte, and poise. Additionally, there is HP management which varies (human or undead). Also, spells have limited casts which demand careful consideration about every single use.

Consider a better comeback?

Witcher is a ACTION RPG hack and slash. Instead of taking stuopid potshots, why not spell out your definition of "gameplay".

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently you don't even understand what an RPG is either. You're failing RPG 101, and the rules here at RPGWatch. I think you need to be banned, shunned, and ignored, as all trolls should be.

DONE!

Says the guy who can't even answer one legitimate question and all he does is bad mouthing and taking pot-shots before chickening out. How trollish.

Is this like a village tradition - that whenever there is big release that we are excited for, the Codex despatches a ceremonial cretin to the Watch, to scorn and spit upon it?

Hand gestures and body language, like the other Witcher games, looks downright stupid.

One needs to take in a count and consider that the Slavic people actually IRL use a lot of body language with lot of hand gestures. What sometimes results to be hilarious and fun,rather than downright stupid to watch when one observes.
For some that can be irritating.

Is this like a village tradition - that whenever there is big release that we are excited for, the Codex despatches a ceremonial cretin to the Watch, to scorn and spit upon it?

No, the tradition of Watch to invoke Codex to run away from any meaningful discussion (and brand anyone who doesn't agree with their view a troll, which is the simplest thing to do) isn't limited to the occasion of big release.

Black Rune said:
One needs to take in a count and consider that the Slavic people actually IRL use a lot of body language with lot of hand gestures. What sometimes results to be hilarious and fun,rather than downright stupid to watch when one observes.
For some that can be irritating.

It's irritating, yes and takes away the immersion from the scene. But thanks for considering the possibility that not everyone has to be okay with what CDProjeck RED dishes out.

Trasher I hate to say it but you need to stop antagonizing Aditya. He might be from the Codex, but he has a valid point. Not everyone will like The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

So please guys just discuss your difference of opinion civilly.^^

I would say yes as this happens every year. You get used to it so long and as the replies remain civil I wont interfere. Most can be civil, but some don't know how to be.:)

Last edited:
Sorry, but such stupidity is the sort of stuff we need to discourage. Roleplayers like the Witcher not for the combat, but for the setting, and morally grey roleplaying choices and sometimes unpredictable and unintended consequences. Someone not getting that should be ignored.

Back
Top Bottom